Chapter 8- Retrieval

Disclaimer: I do not own Kuroshitsuji.

-Sebastian's POV-

When I had finished preparing Ciel's meal I walked upstairs to his room and opened the door only to be greeted by Ciel's absence and the light smell of chloroform. Of course he's gotten kidnapped again, it seems like he can't even make it through one week without being whisked away out the window. I tried to find his location by using our contract but I found that the connection was very faint, not a good sign. I directed my thoughts to him, Ciel are you there? Where are you? Nothing. Just silence. I began to worry, it had to be Malum, he must have figured out some way to weaken our connection. My only option was to try follow the faint connection of our contract, but before leaving the manor I grabbed almost every piece of silverware we had. I found myself going in circles several times before I finally arrived at an abandoned warehouse where I could smell Ciel's scent inside, and blood. I composed myself and smashed open the entrance, leaving only dust and bits of wood where a door used to be.

I heard clapping coming from another part of the room, "Very impressive Sebastian. It's about time you showed up, your poor master is suffering."

"Malum, what did you do to him!?" I yelled in anger

"Oh, nothing permanent" He said as he pulled off black bloodstained gloves and threw them off to the side

That was all it took to make me lunge at him ready to kill, only to be pushed back by an unseen force, a warning not to fight.

"Uh uh uh Sebastian, you know the rules, be a good boy and don't pick fights." he said with a malicious smile on his face

-Flashback (3rd person POV)-

It was a very important day. Four families of demons sat in a darkly lit room around a large round table wearing their best cloths. In the middle of the table there was a large piece of paper covered in fresh ink.

One man alone stood and said "We all understand the terms of the agreement yes? It's time to sign."

You see, there had been problems in the demon realm, complete chaos caused by the competition of the four most powerful families in the realm over who should govern the demon world. There was no order in the realm whatsoever, even hell needed rules. There was no rule, only war and with war comes destruction. The common demons of the realm picked sides in the war and had slowly been killing each other off, dwindling their numbers. Eventually the four families had decided enough was enough which led to them all being seated at that large round table. The terms of the agreement were that the four families would rule jointly and there would be no violence among them, should violence resume so would the war and the demon realm would be launched into disorder again except a second war could possibly bring about the end of the demon realm and all demons. Among the elderly of the meeting ending the violence would be no problem as they had grown tired of fighting. However there were two young demons also present, the youngest of their respective families. Their names were Sebastian and Malum. Sebastian was refined, orderly, responsible and protective of those he was close to. Malum on the other hand was brutish, cruel even among demons, he was a spoiled brat with no sympathy for those around him. The two were destined to clash, which they did every time they meet with a shove or a wrong look. The elders realized they would cause trouble together so they kept them as far away from each at all times. But even distance and some signatures on a piece of paper cannot stop destiny.

-3rd person POV-

"I'm not the only one breaking rules, you've killed thousands of humans and let their souls go to waste." said Sebastian

"A small sacrifice for a greater purpose, if I'm powerful enough to kill thousands of humans I'm certainly capable of ruling the demon world on my own, which leaves no room for you or the others for that matter but I can deal with them later." after saying that Malum launched at Sebastian.

As they launched at each other they felt the unseen wall between them shatter. Sebastian flung various pieces of silverware at Malum, who managed to dodge. The two ended up meeting in a clash of dark claws and sharp teeth, growling they both changed to their full demon form. Malum was large but Sebastian had speed and stealth on his side, he dashed behind Malum and managed to get a scratch on him.

"Slow and brutish, just like your personality" Sebastian commented

Malum growled and lurched toward him again, managing to push himself straight into Sebastian's long claws. Sebastian took advantage of the moment to pull out an ancient looking knife, he pushed the knife into Malum and instantly ended his life. As soon as sebastian shifted back into his human form he put the knife back in his coat and ran to where he could smell Ciel.

-Sebastian's POV-

As soon as I walked into the other room I felt sick. Ciel was against a wall and had many cuts on him.

"Ciel are you ok?" I said running towards him

"Well, you took long enough but I'll be fine" he responded and I was happy that he was ok.

"Look Ciel we need to go, theres no doubt everyone in the demon world felt Malum's death and they'll know it was me, there will be chaos and they'll come after me. I know somewhere we can go and be safe, unbound by the human and demon worlds. We can go back to the manor quickly, get the others and pack some belongings then take our leave."

I was expecting him to deny my offer but he just said "Well let's go then"

We walked towards the manor, both of us forgetting about the contract that allowed me to consume his soul and his past that had led him to where he was now and where he would be.

-Author's note-

Hello everyone, sorry about there not being a chapter last weekend but I just wasn't in a writing mood. And yes this is the last chapter of this story, sorry about it coming about so suddenly but when I started this story I honestly didn't know when I was going to stop I just went with the flow and it felt like it was time for this story to end. Worry not though I have more stories to come, I will probably do a CielxSebastian next. Thank you for reading and please review ~~Night