Chapter 1- Something Amiss

Disclaimer: I do not own Kuroshitsuji.

Ciel awoke with a yawn and stretched as he quickly glanced at the clock, which read exactly 11:00am... Wait, what? Sebastian was late. Very late, two hours late. He started to go through the phases of anger, irritation and lastly worry, much to his displeasure. Sebastian was never late, ever. As if sensing his thoughts, there was a knock on the door and Sebastian calmly walked into the room. Ciel's irritation returned, the worry forgotten "Where HAVE you been you were supposed to wake me up at 9:00am! 9:00am how difficult of an order is that to follow?"

Sebastian simply stood there, unfazed by his master's anger "My apologizes young master I was... Pre-occupied I won't let it happen again."

Ciel scoffed "Whatever I'm hungry just bring me my breakfast, though I suppose it will have to be brunch now." "And we WILL be discussing this incident later" He said pointlessly as Sebastian was walking out the door to fetch his breakfast.

A few minutes later there was another knock on Ciel's door. "Today's breakfast is omelet with earl grey, as for your schedule you have paperwork that must be completed and afternoon tea with Lady Elizabeth"

Ciel was immediately filled with dread at the last part of that sentence. He loved Lizzy, he really did, though she was more like a sister than a future he just couldn't deal with her "Cancel it, tell her I'm very busy."

Sebastian interjected, "Excuse me for saying this bocchan but it's quite rude of you to keep ignoring your fiancé. She is your future wife it's only proper that you spend time with her and you cause her great worry by evading her and always claiming that you have so much work to do".

Ciel glared at him and responded with "I didn't ask for your opinion I told you to do it so do it" Sebastian bowed, said "very well" and left.

~~~ Sebastian's POV (earlier that day)~~~

Something was wrong. As soon as I woke up I could smell it, a foul yet wonderful stench in the air; death. I concluded it wasn't coming from any specific center point. It was simply coming from everywhere. How unusual indeed, an investigation would have to be done. I woke up the other servants and gave them their orders for the day even though I would just have to fix everything they did later. Then I told them to let Ciel sleep, I didn't see any need in having him awake and demanding to know what I was up to, it was better to have him cranky for the rest of the day. It was time for me to take a trip into town, I grabbed my coat and walked out the door into the cold and rainy English weather.

Author's note:

Hello readers! This is the first fanfiction I've ever written. I've been reading fanfiction for a long time and wanted to see if I could write it as well. Feel free to point out any errors you see as i'm not the best at grammar. I hope you give this story a chance and continue to read ~~Night