Chapter 3- A red sealed letter

Disclaimer: I do not own Kuroshitsuji.

-Ciel's POV (Present time, After Ciel was woken up)-

Apparently Sebastian's definition of "some paperwork to do" was piles worth of paperwork to fill out for funtom, tons of party invitations I would be denying and letters from people trying to convince me to go to meetings and sign business contracts. That bastard, I suppose this is supposed to be my punishment for avoiding Lizzy. Working so hard was making me hungry, at least it's almost tea time, but I'm craving something sweet and Sebastian has been trying to make me eat healthier recently, something about "Growing human boys needing lots of nutrition." I swear if he walks in here with some kind of strange vegetable platter I'm going to kill him. Speaking of killing him, I still need to talk to him about his tardiness this morning. Something is definitely going on that he's not telling me about. He's been strangely absent all day today and I haven't heard any yelling from him or screaming from the other servants. I heard a knock on my door, well speak of the devil.

I called for him to enter and in he walked with his cart. "Good afternoon bocchan I hope your work is coming along well. For today's snack I have made chocolate cheesecake drizzled in chocolate sauce and topped with strawberries paired with darjeeling tea."

"Very well" I responded "Oh and stay until I'm done eating I wish to speak to you." Sebastian nodded in compliance as I dug into my food. It was absolutely delicious - I could never find any food more pleasing to taste than his. All the while I was eating he stood to one side of the room looking smug at my enjoyment of his food, like he had won some kind of game. Well then, it was time to get down to business.

-Sebastian's POV-

I know he's going to lecture me about my tardiness this morning, he's always jumped at any sign of me making a mistake. That brat. But I also knew his lecture is just going to be a disguise for him to try figure out where exactly I was. Little does he know that I'm going to be the one doing the talking in this conversation. And so I played his game. I stood there and watched him eat his cake, like the good butler I am. When he finished he looked up at me and told me to sit, then he started his lecture, "Sebastian you are supposed to be a butler of the Phantomhive household, what kind of butler are you if you can't even wake up your master on time and-"

"There's something I must tell you" I interrupted him.

"Excuse me" Ciel said, his voice full of warning. A warning that I ignored and continued on with what I was saying, "It seems something catastrophic is going to happen soon, I can smell death everywhere. The shinigami can sense it too but they can't figure out what it is either. For the time being I think it would be best you didn't go into town."

Ciel remained in an arms crossed eyes glaring position and said "Thanks for bringing that to my attention, but I'll continue to do as I please. If I wish to go into town I'll go into town. I'm sure whatever this thing is I'll be fine, it is your job to protect me after all, are you telling me your incapable of doing that?" Of course he wouldn't understand, being the stubborn "strong" human he is. I would have to force him to understand.

I stood and slammed my hands on his desk and kept my face only an inch away from his, baring my red eyes, fangs and all. I hissed, "Listen, you may be my master but I have your best interest in mind and you will do as I say" I backed away and returned a softer look to my face. Ciel just sat in that chair that's too big for him with a shocked look on his face, literally speechless. And that was when he stood up and slapped me, bringing his hand hard across my face, refusing to let me have the last word, or in this case, action. There was a knock on the door and MeyRin walked in holding something in her hand, she handed it to me and said "Something has come in the mail." I looked at the envelope sealed with a red crest that I know well. I turned to my furious master and said "It appears you've received a letter from The Queen."

-Author's note-

Hello everyone and thank you for reading my story. Do you guys think that I go on a bit about things that don't matter a lot in this story too much because I feel like there was a lot of that this chapter, or is it fine? Please review and next chapter will probably be uploaded next weekend.