Chapter 2- A trip into town

Disclaimer: I do not own Kuroshitsuji.

-Sebastian's POV (same day, still before Ciel awakes)-

It didn't take very long to get into town, all I had to do was run there. I had always found it pathetic that humans could never get anywhere by themselves, they always rely on some kind of contraption or animal. As soon as I got into town the stench hit me twenty times harder than it had at the manor. Any weaker demon would have lost his control and gone on a mad hunt for a soul to consume, but I kept my control and sniffed along the streets. Even with my superior sense of smell I could not find any source, so I took to observing the humans. It seemed as if nothing was awry. Woman still gossiped arm in arm as they walked down the street, children had their faces glued to shop windows, refusing to move until their parent's had bought them whatever it has that had caught their attention and all the men were bragging about their latest achievements in either woman, hunting or money making. As I walked around it appeared that all the humans had regular heart beats and breathing rates. None of them seemed to be walking dead, and that left me with one option. I would have to see undertaker.

His shop was barren and empty as always, seemingly about to fall apart. When I entered I was expecting to find undertaker in a coffin or subjecting himself to some odd form of torture. But he was actually sitting at his desk looking at a large pile of papers, he didn't even look up when I walked in, I cleared my throat to get his attention. Surprise flashed across his face but he quickly recovered. "Why hello Sebastian, out and about without your owner today I see hehehe."

I ignored his remark and responded "I need information."

He smiled, "I know what information you seek, but are you willing to give me a first- rate laugh to receive it?" After I made undertaker laugh hysterically at the worst joke ever invented, he became serious. "I assume your here about the death in the air yes? Well all I can tell you is that something horrible is coming, and many people are going to lose their lives. The shinigami world is in an uproar about it, no one can figure out what it is. In the mean time I suggest you keep a close eye on your precious master hehehe."

I jumped at his words "What do you mean keep a close eye on him shinigami?"

He smiled at my discomfort and responded "Hehehe like I said many people are going to lose their lives and your precious master is just a small human child after all." I gruffly thanked undertaker and left with a heavy head.

Is there really a possibility that my young charge could be harmed by whatever is coming? As much as I hate to admit it I had grown fond of the young boy,he was not like every other human child on the planet. He was certainly an interesting one and his soul fascinated me. He had even become somewhat of a friend to me. This strange death phenomena would require further investigation. I could temporarily return to my world, but that would have to be a last resort. For now it's time to return to the manor to wake up Ciel, who would no doubt be grumpy. I will also have to tell him about everything i've learned, but that can wait until later in the day.

-Author's note-

Hello everyone thank you for reading my story. I would like to point out that I also post this fan fiction on fanfiction.net under the same user name so you know that it is not a copy I have put this same author's note on that site.~~Night