In The End It Didn't Matter [9]

Picture of Sophie! ----->

____________________________________________________________________

James' POV

"You tried to fucking rape her?!"

Daniel threw his arms up as a surrender. "Hey! I didn't actually do it! Doesn't that count for something?"

I was fuming. What if Sophie didn't trust me after this? "No, it doesn't!"

"Why are you so bothered about this?" he growled. "It's what she's here for, James!"

"You..." I didn't have an answer for that; an answer that would be suitable. The real answer was that I cared about her. As a friend, obviously. "You've really scared her! You think she's going to make us business now?"

Daniel glared at me. "I was trying to prepare her, so she would make us business. Now she knows what it'll be like."

"Whatever," I huffed, walking towards Sophie's room. "You better not try that again!"

"Or what?" Daniel called after me.

"Or you'll have me to answer to."

***

Sophie's POV

I heard the whole argument, a shiver going down my spine. No matter how much James tried, he wasn't going to be able to get every client to cancel. Daniel was right; I'd have to accept this.

"Sophie?"

I looked up. "Hi James," I croaked.

"Hey," he said soothingly. "You alright?"

I smiled slightly. "Yes."

"Listen, I'm so sorry about Daniel -"

"No!" I interrupted quickly. "Don't be sorry. It wasn't your fault."

He grinned. "Does this... does this mean we can friends?"

I hesitated. Could I really forgive him that easily? After all, he was the reason I was stuck here in the first place. And you should never trust your kidnapper.

"No. We're not friends."

The look on his face was almost enough to make me take back my words. Sadness flashed across his eyes and his face fell slightly; he looked like a kid who'd been told they couldn't get the toy they wanted.

"Listen, James, I just -" I started.

"You know what, Sophie?" he cut me off angrily. The sad look had vanished, only to be replaced with a dark look. "If you don't want to be friends, after everything I've done, then that's fine."

Now I felt terrible. "Wait! If you'd just listen -"

"No, no, you're right," he interrupted again. "You shouldn't be able to trust me, since I've done everything I possibly can for you."

I sighed. "I know that, and I appreciate it but -"

"There's always a but, isn't there?" he muttered.

You shouldn't feel terrible. He kidnapped you and he's asking to be friends! He can't be trusted! If he really cared about you, he'd let you out of here! My mind screamed at me. And I was absolutely right.

"Why do I bother? I should just let the clients come here and do what they want to you, shouldn't I?" he spat, venom dripping off his words. "After all, you don't want to be friends. So I'm not going to act like a friend."

My heart leapt into my throat. "Wait, wait! I'm sorry! I do want to be friends! I just didn't know... if you could be trusted..."

That was a complete lie. Except for the last sentence, of course. I wasn't sorry and I didn't want to be friends. But I had to, right? If I wanted him to help me, I had to...

***

James' POV

It had worked. She'd agreed to be friends. And all it took was a little "unintentional" blackmail.

She didn't think I knew why she said yes. But I knew. She just wanted to use me to her advantage. I guess it was to be expected, but she had no idea what she was getting into.

Or who she was messing with. 

Because, you should never trust your kidnapper.

_________________________________________________________________

Omg D: Something fishy's going on with James! Dun dun duuuuun!!! It's going pretty quickly, but hey, it's gonna be a short story, so loads of things have to happen FAST! (;

Btw, there's gonna be less James' POV, because I don't wanna give anything away ;D ;D Buuut, in case you're like 'but we know James is good because we've seen his POVs!'... well, he DID. Trust me, it'll make sense soon (:

And also, sorry if I confused you! I changed my username lol.