Ra's inclined his head with respect.

"And with that," Desmond said to everyone. "There are now four Justice League members dead."

"Tres bien..." the Brain said from next to Luthor. "Have you made plans in your 'Mimic Contingency' for everyone else?"

Desmond smiled and sat down on his chair, but put one leg onto the table.

"All ready ahead of you..." he answered. "Plans have been made for every last one of the heroes and, time permitting, they should all be dead within the next month."

Luthor, the Brain and Ra's murmured in agreement, but Queen Bee still looked unimpressed.

"That's a bold statement boy..." she said to him.

Everyone looked at her, including Desmond, who tapped his fingers rhythmically on the table.

"Bold?" Desmond asked. "I've run the calculations and diagnostics. I've even made plans for what to do if the whole League should attack me at once."

"Come running back here with your tail between your legs?" Queen Bee scoffed.

Klarion snickered as Desmond's expression became more annoyed. He didn't show it explicitly, but his face was blank, like he was trying to supress an outburst of anger.

"I'm simply here to get what I want done." Desmond told her firmly. "If that means breaking a few heroes here and bossing some super villains around there, it doesn't matter."

Queen Bee folded her arms, her venomous gaze intensifying.

"You seek to order us around?" she snapped. "You're nothing but a pretentious child."

Desmond scoffed.

"And you're nothing but a pathetic, tyrannical despot. Yet here we are..."

Queen Bee dug her nails into her arm and was about to stand up, but Psimon put a pale, reassuring hand on her shoulder in protest.

"What my Queen means to say, Mr Desmond, is that she simply believes there should be more of a hierarchy to this illustrious group..."

Desmond shrugged.

"Yeah, there is." he chuckled. "Vandal Savage, me, the other members, this cane next to me, the mud under my shoes, the dust under my fingernails and then her."

Queen Bee stood up and roared in rage.

"SHUT UP, YOU IMPERTINENT BRAT!!!!"

She spun around and looked at Psimon.

"Psimon!!" she ordered. "NOW!!"

Psimon smiled evilly and looked Desmond in the eye, the dome on his head glowing with a light, pink energy.

"What are you-"

And at that moment, Desmond's eyes went wide in terror and his mouth shut.

Both him and Psimon stood perfectly still, locked in Psimon's mental landscape.

"BEE!!" Ra's yelled. "What are you doing to him?!"

Queen Bee smiled smugly at Ra's.

"Teaching this child manners. In a few minutes, Psimon will have him screaming and begging for mercy..."

Psimon looked down at Desmond.

"Ah!" Queen Bee chuckled. "He's done with the boy already!"

But something was wrong.

In a few seconds, Psimon's eyes went wide as he reached for his head and began screaming with fear, the most horrible, despaired screams anyone in the room had heard.