Chapter 2

(*Liliana's Point of View*)

    I look at the address again, to see that I am at the right place. The note says this hotel, at this time, on this day. This should be correct place, they wouldn't be kidding about this, it is serious. Well people have told me they can't take me seriously, but that shouldn't matter now. I walk inside to see that nobody was at the front desk, well this seems simple enough anyways. 349. I walk into the elevator, okay so the 34th floor and press the button. I get onto the 34th floor and go down the hall. 346......... 347........348.......? There isn't a room 349, why? It says on the paper, wait maybe it is the 3rd room on the 49th floor! That would make a little more sense, I guess. I get back into the elevator, to see that everything has went dark. Did it break down on me? Well, there should be an emergency stair case, it would be at the other end of the hall. I walk down the hallway to find the stairs, well I needed to burn some calories anyway. I walk you the 15 flights up stairs practicably not being able to breathe, I need to get in better shape. Well the third room is right over here, I walk to the door and knock on the door. 

    "It is open." Says a voice which is obviously Ryuzaki. I open the door to see a plain hotel room, but filled with sweets and dirty dishes that the sweets were probably on. Well is there was a man who would rule the sweet tooth's it would definitely be him. Well, he still has the same white shirt on as yesterday also the same weird position he was in. 

    "Hello Miss Chenshaw, it has seem you have solved my little puzzle," He looks towards the clock behind me "With two minutes to spare." What test? Did he know I would think that there was a 9th room on the 34th floor? Does he think I am predictable? "I am sure you are thinking something like 'what test?' See I think normally people would go in order with left to right, so the 34th floor, room 9, but they should know there is only eight rooms for each floor. So once you noticed this you didn't leave or hesitate, you knew it was backwards and went to the 49th floor and the 3rd room and here I am, I praise you for being able to figure it out without giving up." He says this drinking out of a tea cup every six seconds. "Thus this prove you have passed another one of my tests," You smiled at this, you look around the room once again, I thought there would be more here. "You may sit down now, the others will arrive soon." He says, I do as he says as an older looking man passes by.

   "Would you and your guest like anything?" He stated in a quiet tone towards Ryuzaki, he looks towards me and I shake my head no.

   "No thank you Watari." Watari walked away into the same room he came in from. He suddenly looks at me, while staying silent. I blush a little bit, trying my best to hide it. I can like him, but he doesn't need to know. I never had luck with guys, most of the people I dated were guy friends who I would never talk to again after we would try dating. I don't want to happen to me, I have been researching the Kira case right after I got home and after school today. I have found little information, but I have enough to know what I am talking about. Well now that I am into this case I cannot screw it over with having a problem with this guy. It doesn't matter anyway it is not like he likes me. 

    After about ten minutes of silence, we hear a knocking on the door, Ryuzaki goes over to the door and opens it himself. I lean into the chair to see that there is several men at the door. Is this the task force? I would expect more, but I guess with there life's on the line..... Anyways, they all have shocked faces, but why would that be? Have they never met?

    Ryuzaki has been standing there with his normal blank expression and finally he says "I am L." Wait a minute, I thought he was Ryuzaki.... but he can't be L, he wouldn't just go in public like that..... So this whole time I was being testing by not some random detective, but L the world famous detective, the one who has solved many cases. My face looks as shocked as the other men now. They all introduce them self by showing them their badges.