"Helen get back here!" Janet shouts after her spastic daughter. She sees me and says, "Ah Kari, could you give this to Helen when you get down to the bus stop?" I nod and she gives me a pencil case. "Thank you so much!" Then she marches back into her apartment.

We continue down the stairs and I see Helen waiting at the post with a boy and his mother. "Helen your mom wants me to give this to you. Why don't you turn around and I will put it in your backpack?" She turns and I place the case in then zip it back up. "You're all set!"

"Thanks Kari!" Helen adds cheerfully and continues to talk to the boy.

Evie turns to me, "I will see you after school sis, love you." I smiles at her and wave.

"See you then, and love you too Evie!"

I make my way down to where my bus stop is. Luckily for me, it is only a couple of streets down. I'm standing at the bus stop when a loud rumbling noise clouds my ears. A familiar blue mustang suddenly appears out of nowhere and stops in front of me. The passenger window rolls down to expose Trent in the driver seat.

"Hey beautiful." He says with a smirk. "Hop on in."

I smile at him and get into the passenger seat. He places his foot on the gas and begins to drive again. I look in the back seat hoping to find Bryce but he isn't there. Huh, maybe they don't drive to school together in the morning?

I must have been staring at the back seat for too long because Trent says, "Bryce isn't coming to school today if you were wondering why he isn't here."

Oh. My heart sinks and I feel sad that I won't be able to see him. "Is he sick?" I asked concerned.

I see his hands tighten on the steering wheel. "No he's just having a rough morning." I decide to drop the matter because it seems to be stressing Trent out. I look out the window.

"Thanks for picking me up." I say. "You saved me a quarter." He laughs at that. I look at him, "I'm actually serious, I could use all the money I can get." I sigh then look out the window.

"Oh." He says realizing the situation.

We stay quiet the rest of the ride, but it isn't awkward, it's just quiet since the music is on a low volume. We make it to school and Trent parks in the same spot he was in yesterday. We hop out of the car and I see Mimi and Macy getting out of their car as well. I hear a squeal.

"Hey Kari!" I feel Mimi hug me from behind. I laugh at her.

"Hey Mimi!" She laughs and then turns me around to face her. She looks at me curiously then squeals again.

"Oh my gosh, are you and Trent a thing? Is that why you guys left school together yesterday and came together today?" She concludes on her own.

Well this is weird because we definitely aren't a thing. I turn to Trent and look at him, asking for help in this situation.

"We're not together yet Mimi, but we're working on it" he says and winks at me. I stare at him wide eyed. Wait what? We will be a thing? Says who? Well I guess I did agree to a date...

"Cool, it's nice to see that Trent finally found someone to settle down with. I though he was going to be a loner his whole life." She laughs and drags me toward the school.

I whisper in her ear, "Uh Mimi. We aren't really a thing." She keeps dragging me to the school.

She looks at me and says quietly, "If Trent really wants you, he will get you..." I look at her completely confused.

"What did you say?" She turns her head and smiles.

"Nothing, just talking to myself..."

I shrug it off, we get into the school and she drags me to the girls bathroom. After a while of talking, fixing our hair, and putting makeup on, the warning bell rings.