Happiness sparks through my body at the feel of her warmth. The familiarity of her presence makes me feel relief. My heart pounds nervously and I feel water rush to my eyes. My hands begin to shake.

"Mom I missed you so much." I say through teary eyes. She hugs me back and whispers into my ear.

"Honey, danger is coming your way. Unfortunately you have taken on the same powers that I had. People will want you for that Kari." She unclasps me from her and looks into my eyes. "I love you, but it's time for me to go." Her angelic voice tells me.

"Mom, no you can't leave me again!" I shout, and grab onto her arm desperately.

Oh no, she can't do this. She can't leave me again. Her eyes look at me with sadness. I see mom's arm start disappearing and I look up to see the rest of her fading away as well.

"Take care of your sister." She adds quickly. Then suddenly, she's gone.

"Mom!" I yell. I turn in every direction, but there is no sign of her. "Mom!" I cry out again. It's no use, she's gone. I fall to my knees and cry. Then I hear a deep laugh. I look up. In front of me is the silhouette of a man, but I can see no features.

Hundreds of wolves with blood red eyes emerge from behind him. Out of the darkness they run straight at me. I cry out, and try to get away but I'm stuck. One wolf reaches me and strikes for my face but I manage to dodge it. Another comes at me but I kick him away. Suddenly I turn and I'm face to face with the man with no features.

"You're next."

I jump up from my slumber drenched in a cold sweat. All of it felt so real. It's as if mom and that man were really there. I look at the time, 5:30. Only ten minutes earlier than the time I usually get up, I walk into the bathroom and wash my face with cold water. I look up and see the horror in my violet eyes. Why do I feel as if that wasn't just a dream? I let out a huge sigh. I'm just crazy, I need to stop thinking about it because it was clearly just a bad nightmare. I walk back into my room and slip on a pair of shorts. Time to wake Evie up. Making my way to her room, I slowly open her door. She's sleeping soundlessly. I walk up to the side of her bed and lightly touch her shoulder. "Evie, it's time to get up." I whisper gently. A soft moan sounds followed by her pretty blue eyes opening.

"Mom?" She asks. I sigh, this happens all the time.

"No it's me, Kari" I reply to her. She sits up and rubs her tired eyes. "I'm going to get your cereal ready, what kind do you want this morning?" I ask.

She thinks for a moment then replies, "May I have Honey Nut Cheerios?"

I nod and head out into the kitchen. On my way out, I turn her bedroom light on. When I get into the kitchen I pull out her breakfast and leave it on the table for her. Then I go and change into my school uniform. When I come out Evie is finishing up her breakfast.

"Morning Kari." She says cheerfully. I smile at her happy face.

"Morning." I answer back. I go to the cabinet and grab a granola bar. I open the wrapper and begin to eat it. "Evie, I'm heading out soon and I think you should too, I don't want you to miss the bus." She sighs.

"Fine, let me get my backpack."

She runs off into her room. I throw out my wrapper and take care of her dishes. Then I grab my backpack from the floor of my room along with my camera and wait for Evie. She comes out with her backpack on.

"Okay I'm ready!" She says.

"Alright lets go then." We walk out of our apartment and I lock the door. Then I see Helen run past me giggling.