Chapter 22: Taken

Author's POV

"How many times do I have to tell you? You don't have to walk me home,Sunggyu-ah.."Yoomi complained as they walked along the corridor towards Yoomi's apartment. "How can I when I've said that I can protect you? Just let me do this at least,Yoomi-ah. I've already missed many chances before. Don't take those chances again from me.."Sunggyu stared at her intently,making Yoomi's heart pounded wildly. Oh,how would she supposed to resist those mesmerizing eyes?

Yoomi didn't utter a word as her face turned red. Sunggyu chuckled as he felt amused of Yoomi's red face. Yoomi ignored him as she pressed the pin number from the the door alarm.
Both of them went into the apartment.

"Mom! You are home!!"Sunghyuk walked excitedly towards his mom,however he slowed down his steps as he caught a glimpse of his dad.

"Sunghyuk-ah,have you finish doing your homework? You are not causing troubles to your bodyguards,right?"Yoomi stroked gently Sunghyuk's hair. He shook his head and said,"No,mom. I was busy finishing the maths questions that you gave me..". His eyes were still focused on Sunggyu.

"Wait..What?Maths questions? At what level did you actually gave him?"Sunggyu asked in astounded tone.

"Well..he can answer correctly up to a thirteen year old level. Our son is smart. That's why he keeps being playful at his school because he's already surpassed the syllabus."Yoomi explained to him. Sunggyu bent down with his surprised face. He didn't know that.

"Well,I thought he's more like me.."Sunggyu said to them. "Definitely he is like you especially the mischievous side but he's also smart like me. He has our traits in his blood,Sunggyu-ah.."Yoomi smiled to him. Sunggyu patted his son's head with love. "I'm so proud of you,Sunghyuk-ah..".

Sunghyuk's eyes were in tears. He felt guilty for calling his dad as uncle Sunggyu at the other day. He then hugged Sunggyu. "DAD.."he burst into tears. He missed his dad so much.

"That's more like it. I know you did that to protect your mom and I won't get mad at you,Sunghyuk-ah. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this at your age."Sunggyu reassured him with a smile. Yoomi felt at eased as she watched them. Somehow she knew deep down that she needed to take a risk by marrying Jaejoong just to keep those two getting closer.

Sungyyu stayed until both of them get into asleep. He watched them closely as he approached Yoomi's bed. He stared at her with love. "Yoomi-ah, I've already told Bora about her dad. It's the right thing to do,isn't? Tell me that I did good..Oh,I'm so helpless right now..I really don't want you to marry Jaejoong hyung..What am I supposed to do to keep you by my side?"he ruffled her hair. He then kissed her lightly on her lips before he kissed his son's cheek. "Goodnight, son..Thank you for being born to this world..". He left the apartment after that. He was too immersed into his deep thoughts that he didn't realize that Manho was watching him from afar.

"Why Kim Sunggyu went to Cha Haerin's apartment at this late night?"he curiously asked himself. He was actually on his way to Cha Haerin's apartment when he saw Sunggyu suddenly went out from her apartment. Manho decided to back down his intention since his mind got distracted of what he just saw at the moment. What kind of relationship just those two have? A bunch of questions popped up into Manho's mind and he felt that it will be easy if he could just grab one of them so that he could all the answers that he wanted. Yes,he would like to do that sooner.

----------------------------------------------------

Yoomi felt dizzy as she ended her class. She can feel her body temperature was burning up. She was like that from the moment she woke up but she thought that maybe she can endure it a little since it might be a head cold or something. Though, she suspected that she got this because she stayed for hours waiting outside of Sunggyu's office last night.