Chapter 1: The unfortunate incident

Author's POV

A 13-year old Ha Yoomi walked hastily to catch up with her 15-year old brother, Ha Youngjae who already walked ahead before her.
"Youngjae oppa! Wait for me! Why are you walking so fast?"she asked with a sharp glare at him.

"Because I want to go home earlier than you. Loser will wash the dishes at dinner.."Youngjae chuckled as he was ready to run but Yoomi managed to hold his arm tightly.
"No! You can't do this this. I just finished my final exam today. Soon, I will join you at your middle school. Oh, I can't wait!"Yoomi beamed exitedly.
"Yah, don't get too excited..ah,it will be an embarassment if you go to the same school with me.."he teased her.

"Oppa,you are so mean! Don't be surprised if I have myself a lot of fanboys later. I'm quiet pretty you know. I have mom's trait in me.."she said boastfully.
"Yes, I know. That's why I feel reluctant to let you go to my school. Because I know there will be plenty of guys who would try to flirt with my sister. And I can't let that happen.."he said worriedly as he ruffled her hair gently. Yoomi linked her arm with his.
"Don't worry,oppa. You are the only guy who can choose my boyfriend. I give you the permission to do so.."she smiled at him.

Youngjae looked at his little sister with love. He loved her so much. He won't let any guy to go near her because he disliked it so much. Except for one person. His bestfriend, Kim Jaejoong.
"Ehem ehem..did I just interupt sister-brother bonding time?"Jaejoong chuckled.

"Jaejoong oppa! It's been a long time..I'm so sorry that I couldn't meet you these past few days. I was so busy with exams.."Yoomi quickly let go of Youngjae's arm and went to him with a smile.
Jaejoong's face blushed as he saw her sweet smile which made Youngjae laughed at him. Yoomi looked at her brother bewilderedly and asked him. "Why are you laughing?"
"It was just so funny to see Jaejoong's face blus---"Jaejoong quickly closed Youngjae's mouth before he could finish his words.

"Hmm..Yoomi,why don't you walk first? Your oppa will catch up with you later. I have something to talk with your oppa.."Jaejoong nervously said to her. Without thinking too much, she walked passed them.
After she disappeared from the view, Youngjae pulled back Jaejoong's hand from his mouth.
"Yah, do you have a death wish Kim Jaejoong?"Youngjae asked annoyingly.
"No,but I bet you do..why did you do that? I don't want her to know my feelings yet.."Jaejoong asnwered back.

"Until when? I know you like her so much that you stalked her 24/7.."Youngjae argued,he didn't understand what held his friend to confess his feeling to her. He already gave the permission.
"It's just I'm scared she will reject me if I confess to her..Besides,she's just 13-years old.."he said worriedly.

"Well,she won't always be 13..Look, you never know until you try..besides,I only trust you. I know you can take care of my sister if I were no longer in this world.."Youngjae spoke what was on his mind.

"Youngjae, what are you talking about? I don't like your words. Never say like that again.."Jaejoong said with concern.
"I know you love me very much..don't worry,I love you too.."he replied back. Jaejoong looked disgusted of his words and chuckled.

They have been friend since childhood. Kim Jaejoong is a chaebol (wealthy son/daughter) of the Kim Group. He lost his mom after gave birth to him. However, his dad never let him feel the lack of a mother's love. Furthermore, he had Youngjae as his bestfriend. He liked being with Youngjae because he was a good person and they went through thick and thin together. He fell in love with Yoomi since they were little kids and Youngjae gave him the permission to be friend with Yoomi.

However, until now Jaejoong seemed didn't have the courage to speak about his heart to her. Youngjae kept being annoyed with him because of this. He wanted things to work between Jaejoong and Yoomi. But when it comes to love, it can't be forced.