Forever & Always: (2)

FOREVER AND ALWAYS

(picture is of Romeo Sheppard)

CHAPTER TWO;

Returning From The Past

-----

"Are you okay?" Romeo bowed his head towards mine, concern written all over his pretty little face.

"I should be asking you that." I replied quietly, nervously picking the skin from my apple with my short nails, so needless to say a pile was forming all over my lap.

He gave me a questioning look, "What do you mean?"

"Nothing." I muttered and bit loudly into my destroyed apple. The strange look stayed on Romeo's face, but i ignored him and started talking to Matt on my right about the blonde stripe he dyed into his hair.

"I was being spontaneous! And maybe Derek suggested it..." He giggled in a very girly way and flicked his head to the side. "Oh honey! Speaking of hair, what. Is. This?" His disappointed tone made my heart sink a little, and i heard a very quiet snort behind me, so i plastered a joking smile on my face.

"It's like, the like, latest fashion baby!" With one hand i flicked my hair over my shoulder, and with the other i elbowed Romeo hard in the ribs. The groan gave me a laugh of satisfaction.

"No." Matt's reply was short and blunt. Ouch... "Tomorrow you are staying the night. Because this..." He trailed off and held a strand of my hair between his fingers and frowned in disgust.

"Whatever!" I laughed and bit into my apple again just as someone called my name.

I turned to see our head cheerleader Casey Farghar strutted to our table. “Zivana, you really need to start sitting with us! As a team we girls need to stick togeth…” She trailed of once she noticed Romeo. “Why hello there, I’m Casey. You must be new.” She purred and fluttered her eyelashes at him, but he turned to face me and gave me a ‘you can’t be serious look’.

My laughter was threatening to bubble over, but Casey interrupted with a jealous sound from the back of her throat. “Practice is starting half an hour earlier today Zivana.” She droned.

This was obviously my bit to ask why. “Whys that?”

“I have a date with Mitchell Lagos!” Queue the fake excitement and jealousy…

“No way! Where is he taking you?” A deaf man could have heard my bored voice.

Casey either didn’t notice or was choosing to ignore me, because she barreled on anyway. “I have no idea, but his family has sooo much money, so it’s bound to be nice! Oh my god, I hope we have dinner on his yacht!”

Romeo rolled his eyes and I just smiled and pretended I cared.

 “I’m Casey Fargar, and you are…?” Casey winked at Romeo and walked around him like a statue in a museum and then she out her hand as if she expected Romeo to kiss it.

Instead, he took it with his own and shook them lightly. “Romeo Sheppard” His reply was polite enough.

 “Pleasure to meet you” Her bright blue eyes lit up like she won the door prize.

“Thank you” Romeo nodded nonchalantly.

“Are you new here?” Obviously not taking the hint, she stepped close to his side and pushed her breasts lightly into his biceps.

“Yes” He said coldly.

“I love new people” She wink again. “Where are you from?”

He gritted his teeth and I heard them starting to grind.