Year 1 | The First Game

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, Harry." They apologized.

"So, are you two ready for the match today?" asked Fred.

Lily shrugged, "Not if it's anything like I've heard."

"Don't worry, you two will be fine." George reassured upon seeing Harry's nervous expression.

"After all, our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too badly!" said George cheerfully, then his expression darkened in the slightest, "Can't make any promises, though. Rough game, Quidditch."

"Brutal game, Quidditch." nodded Fred, "But no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally but they'll turn up in a month or two!"

They saw Harry pale and Lily scowled at them, "Boys."

Hermionie glared at the third-years and look at the Potter twins, "You have nothing to worry about. It's in your blood."

They all exchanged curious glances and she only responded to their confusion with a smile, "Follow me."

Hermione stood and they followed her down the aisle, soon exiting the Great Hall. The remaining students that lingered in the halls all began making their way through the courtyard in pursuit of the Quidditch Field, as the match would start in an hour's time.

"Where are we going?" queried Lily.

"Just come on." She led them through the east corridor and just as Ron was about to be the next one to ask where she was leading them, Hermione slowed in the step and paused in front of a grand showcase. It was posted on a light-wooden podium and at least a dozen gleaming golden awards were put on display behind the glossy glass.

Harry beamed at it and Lily, who's expression mirrored her brother's, looked at the plaque right beside their father's

Harry beamed at it and Lily, who's expression mirrored her brother's, looked at the plaque right beside their father's. It read the name of another Gryffindor player of the same year as James Black.

 It read the name of another Gryffindor player of the same year as James Black