Chapter 6: Things are sorted out.

"WHIM!"
I screech as I lay eyes apon the little piskie.
"Howdja' know my n-" I tackle her before she can finish.
"WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MY BROTHER!!"
"YOU HAVE A BROTHER?!"
"YOU STOLE HIM WHIM, OR SHOULD I SAY, BASILISK!"
"I'm not a Basilisk...!"
"YES YOU ARE!"
I reach for my book. "SO WHERE IS HE!?"
"I told you, I don't know! And I'm not a Basilisk!"
Suddenly, she's gone from under me, causing me to hit the earth.
She flies above me, looking concerned. "I didn't steal your brother, but maybe I can help you find him?"
"But you DID steal him!" I spit
"No I didn't! I'm not a Basilisk! Have a mirror?"
I frown. "No, why...?"
"Because Basilisks don't have a reflection! You didn't know that?"
"It doesn't say that in here...."
I touch my book carefully.
I move off whim, and she brushes herself off.
"That book is horribly inaccurate.."
She comments.
"How do you know?!" I defend, clutching the book to my chest.
"Because I helped the man who wrote it. I told him he was wrong on multiple occasions, but he always insisted he was right...Hey! You want a flower?" The Piskie grins and holds up a daisy, which I take slowly, untrustfully.
I eye it, and conclude that this was, in fact, an ordinary daisy.
"You're not a basilisk..." I say, looking up at Whim.
"Yep! I'm a Princess! I get to do lots of things as a Princess! I got to live with humans! I've seen a basilisk! They usually live in the desert. It's hot in the desert. I don't like it out there. It reminds me of an fire. Fires are red. Do you like strawberries?"
I try to process the information whim has so graciously thrust upon me. "What do you mean by 'Usually in the desert'..?"
"I mean Basilisks live usually in the desert. I only know of one who lives near the Fae kingdom. He's reeeeaaalllly big. Like a snake. Snakes are mean. One time, a bit snake bit me in the butt..." Whim goes on and on. I stand, and begin walking. I'm a ways away before Whim notices I've begun walking, and unfortunately she catches up to me.
"Where are you going?" Whim demands.
"To find the basilisk." I keep walking, eyes facing forward the entire time.
"But you don't know where he is!"
"Yep." I nod, and continue.
I feel something plop down on my shoulder, and turn my head to see a mini-whim sitting there. She grins at me, and I look forward and continue on.