Chapter Two: Perfect places and odd discoveries

I am awoken the next morning to the soft rays of the morning sun tickling my face. I smile, and open my eyes. Sitting up, I look around my neglected, messy cottage room and bite my lip. Little things are out of place, minor things most people overlook. I am obsessed with these little things and the perfect places in which they fit.
I'll have to clean it. I have no other option. These little things must be fixed, and soon. Now.

I get up. The cold, hard wood planks are odd against my feet. I ignore the feeling and walk toward the biggest little thing- my bookshelf. I study it, hands behind my back. Then, I spot a book and lift it. It's old, very old. I smile at the familiar volume. It's a book on Fae.

Opening the worn, well handled pages, I smile softly. The book was a guide on many type of faerie. My personal favorite were either the High Fae-A nearly extinct race of beautiful, elegant creatures with powers beyond belief- or the Merfolk-Human like Fae with long, elegant fish tails. I smile and put the book back, adjusting the volume so it leans upon it's fellow books.

I fix the other books, stopping and looking at each one, remembering fondly each and every memory attached.

Finishing, I look toward the window. The bottom of the sun is just barely showing, meaning I've been fixing the little things for a long time. Quickly, I put on a plain, practical dress, and rush down to find my brother.

When I get downstairs, I look around to find...no Clove. However, My father is sitting in the kitchen, looking at our food. "You kids are eating junk." He complains. "Dad, have you seen clove?" He turns to me. "Yes. He left around dawn this morning."

"WHAT?!" I rush outside. I spot him, standing near the fence...ON THE FOREST SIDE.
"CLOVE!!!" I scream. He turns, and I race toward him. The hill seems to grow as I run. By the time I reach the bottom, my brother has climbed back over on to the safe side of the fence. His shirt is gone, and he's holding something in his arms.
"Odd!" He says in a hushed whisper as I hurry over. "Look."
He leans his arms forward, allowing me to take a look at the thing in his arms. A girl.
The girl looked to be about Ten or Eleven, with brown hair surrounding her freckled face like a halo. Her oddly slanted eyes are shut, and she has a peaceful smile on her round lips. Clove looks at me, then parts her hair near the front to show me...a branch. I touch it, and realize that it's part of her...that she's not human. A Fae.
I look at my brother. "A Piskey..." I tell him. He nods.
I know everything there is to know about the magical world of Fae, and this girl here in my brother's arms is one of the most mischievous, evil little creatures out there. Piskies are known for being tricky, slippery, and good at taking stuff that's not theirs.

"Clove." I say, looking up at my brother. He gently brushes the hair from her face. "She's hurt..." "No she's not Clo-" I begin to say, but stop. Beneath his fingers, the Piskey's pale skin is bruised. He lifts his hand, and gets it close to my face, showing me the bit of amber blood. "Hurt!" He says. I nod. "C'mon, let's take her home."
~*•~*•~*•~*•~*•~*•~*•~*•~*•~*•

Quick side note: I will be making a separate book as like a guide on all the Fae in this book and out!
Thanks!

~Silver