6 | Kids on the Run

Start from the beginning

"Sure," I finally say, earning a grin from Caden.

"C'mon then, let's not waste any time!" He grabs my hand, making me giddy, and pulls me out the back entrance of the hotel. It's time for my London adventure to begin!

Caden has his own personal bus pass, and somehow managed to convince the conductor that I lost mine, so they let us both on. I wasn't very happy about the fact that he lied, but it blew over eventually. I also just learned that here, trains are called 'tubes.' That's strange.

It's so exciting being a busy city like this, because I really love it. It's busy and bustling, but not as hectic as LA. Even though Wembley is big and full of people, everyone seems to be really nice and caring and polite.

Once we arrive to wherever Caden's taking me, I just follow him off the tube and look around. He stops in front of a large building, grinning. "Welcome to Partyman's World of Play!" He announces, throwing his hands into the air dramatically. I raise my eyebrows.

"Aren't we kind of old to be playing in something like this?" He rolls his eyes, grabbing my wrist and tugging me inside.

"Please, no one cares so long as you don't hurt the smaller kids." I shrug, following him into the large room where there's an indoor playground. "C'mon, let's have some fun!" He says, taking off his shoes and putting them in a cubby. I do the same and follow him into the play place. It's actually really fun. We play tag and chase each other through colorful tunnels, go down the slides, race up the nets you can climb up, and wrestle in the ball pit. After this, we go across the street and he buys us food. It's odd, because I'm not used to London's kind of food, but it was strangely good.

We get back on the tube again and our next stop is the London Designer Outlet, where we try on silly outfits. We eventually are made to leave because the store owners are worried we'll 'disrupt customers' and because we're not buying anything we shouldn't be here.

Our next stop is the Lindt Chocolate Stop, where we taste all kinds of fancy chocolates. They were all really good, and I wish I had money to bring some back for Luke.

Luke!

"Oh my gosh, what time is it?!" I say in a panic, pulling out my phone. It's already 3:30, I've been gone for nearly three and a half hours! There are also several missed calls and texts from all four boys. I'm in sooooo much trouble.

"I didn't tell anyone where I went, my brother's going to kill me!" I exclaim. Caden just stares at me with a bored expression.

"C'mon, we all need a little adventure once in a while." I give him a look and he finally gives in. "Okay, fine, I'll take you back," he says, leading me back to the tube. The whole ride back to the hotel, I'm fidgeting and anxious. I'm going to get murdered when I get back. Luke will never let me out of sight again.

"So, what'd you think of Wembley?" Caden asks, breaking the silence.

"Oh, it was really cool," I say with a chuckle. "I had a lot of fun." He smiles.

"Me too. I don't get to go adventures with many girls as pretty as you."

My cheeks flush red again and I stare at my feet, trying to hide the smile that has found its way onto my face.

"I hope I get to see again," he says as we get off the tube.

"Me too."

"Wait! Lemme give you my number before you go, text me and I'll add you into my contacts," he says shyly. I smile, blushing again.