6 | Kids on the Run

Luke let me sleep in his bed the night after Cal and I ran into the gang in the alley, which I was extremely thankful for. I knew after encountering those people I would have nightmares, but sleeping with Luke kept them to a minimum. That was our last full day in LA, and today we're packing our things and getting ready to fly to London.

When we arrive at the airport, I'm surprised by how many people are here. They're all fans of course, screaming and trying to push past the man made walls security have put up. The crowd scares me a little, causing me to cling to Luke's side as we walk. He just smiles down at me reassuringly, taking my hand and holding it tight. "Is it always like this?" I practically have to yell over the screaming fans. Luke shrugs. "Sometimes. It depends on how big the city is." I nod as we make our way to the security checkpoint.

Getting through security takes long enough as it is, but fighting our way through the screaming, hysterical fans makes our journey even longer. The boys stop a few times to take pictures and talk with fans, while I just hold onto Luke's arm and hide behind him. I hate big crowds, and thankfully Luke makes it clear I'm not in the mood to take pictures or talk to fans.

We stay in another hotel since we'll be staying in Wembley for two days, because they're performing two shows here; one tonight and one tomorrow night. I'm glad Luke is letting me share a hotel room with him again, because I'm still afraid to be alone at night.

As per usual, there's a huge crowd of fans outside our hotel. The security guards get off the bus first and clear a path for us to walk through. I hold both Luke's and Ashton's hands as we walk through the screaming crowd of fans into the hotel. Once we've checked in, we go up to get situated, and I put all my clothes in my half of the dresser I'm sharing with Luke. He does the same, and after this we go into the room the other three boys will be sharing. We decide to go down to the lobby to see if there's anything to eat, and when we get there, my eyes land on extremely cute boy. He looks about my age height wise, but because I'm pretty tall among most ten year olds, it's hard to tell. I can't stop staring at his eyes. They're the greenest eyes I've ever seen, and he has short blond hair pushed up slightly in the front, but nowhere near as big as Luke's quiff. He's wearing a blue, green and black plaid sweater with khakis and loafers and is standing awkwardly with his hands in his pockets. He catches me staring, and I feel my stomach drop. I quickly look away and notice that the guys have disappeared down a hallway at the back of the lobby. I turn to follow them, but am stopped when a warm hand grabs my elbow.

"Like the view?" It's the green eyed boy. My breath catches in my throat as I look up at him, and he smirks down at me.

"Um..." I'm at a loss for words. He chuckles.

"I'm Caden," he introduces himself, holding out his hand. I smile shyly and shake it.

"I'm Rya." He raises his eyebrows.

"Unique name, I like it." I giggle and look down at my feet, feeling my cheeks getting hot. "And I'm guessing by your accent you're not from around where, am I correct?"

Oh my gosh, he's so proper, and his cute London accent is killing me! If Luke ever finds out about this, he'll kill me. I am only ten, after all.

"Um, yeah, I'm from Australia," I say quietly. I'm still a little shy, and this is kind of awkward.

"Wow, pretty far from home," he says.

I smile and nod. "My brother and his friends are in this band, and they travel all around —"

His facial expression changes, almost as if he recognizes me. "Wait, you're Rya Hemmings, Luke Hemmings' sister," he says. "Wow, that's ironic. My sister is obsessed with that band, like it's literally all she ever talks about," he says with a chuckle. I smile. "Hey, wanna come on an adventure?" He says suddenly.

"Um, what kind of adventure?" I ask, slightly confused. He grins.

"I can show you around the city," he says slyly. I can't just leave, Luke'll kill me. But if I tell him, there's no way he'll let me go. What the heck? You only live once, right?