15

The day had started to die out, long shadows had crept into the boat and a few lights here and there where the only thing keeping the boat from sinking into the darkness of the upcoming night.

Zach was sitting outside on the floor, his hands resting over a hand rail and his eyes locked over the sea water, normally so clear but now so murky and dangerous. The young man had managed to avoid crossing paths with Owen since they had gotten on the boat and to be honest it was the best thing he had done so far, because he had heard the older Grady brother barking orders around as he marched down the corridors of the InGen boat.

"You should get some sleep" a voice spoke over Zach, the young man looked up and glanced at Owen's best friend "I'll be a long day tomorrow"

"I can't sleep" answered Zach, he turned back to the water.

"I'm sure you could" Barry continued, he walked next to Zach and leaned over the handrail while Zach sat near his feet. "Can't have you tiered running around the jungle tomorrow, don't you think?"

"I shouldn't have let her go" Zach whispered, Barry said nothing as he too looked at the dangerous water. "I shouldn't have let her come here either"

"There was nothing you could do" explained Barry after a short lived silence "She would have come with or without your consent, Zach"

"I should have done something to stop her"

"You know better than that"

Zach looked up at Barry and the former raptor trainer looked down at Zach, he wanted to tell him the bad history Bea had with people who forced her to do things she didn't want, but Leo's story was something he had no right telling anyone; not to Zach and not to Owen.

"You know her better than I do" Zach started again as he looked away from Barry "Do you think she's ok?"

Barry stared at Zach for a few more seconds before he answered "We all know different parts of everyone" he turned to the water and took a deep breath "I'm sure she's trying her best to be safe and to keep Lowery and Andrew and any other survivors safe"

"I hate that guy"

"Andrew?" asked Barry, even though he already knew the answer to that.

"Yeah" sighed Zach.

"Because he likes Bea?" asked Barry, he knew he should have kept his words inside but they were out of his lips before he realized it.

Zach turned to Barry and frowned "You noticed"

"It's obvious" shrugged Barry "If it makes you feel any better Owen hates him too"

"Owen hates me" growled Zach, "It doesn't make me feel better"

Barry chuckled and looked down at his hands "But Bea likes you, so you don't have to worry about Andrew"

"I am worried about him" Zach's eyes turned dark "The last time one of those InGen creeps was alone with Bea, he had her pinned down and I don't want to know what would have happened if Charlie hadn't gotten there"

"After you did" smiled Barry, he turned to Zach "If there is someone who can stay safe out there is Bea," he pushed himself away from the handrail "Get some rest" and with that Barry disappeared as Zach's heart continued to be constricted by an icy hand.

"Be careful, Bea" whispered Zach before he stood up and headed to his room.

___________//____________

Owen sat inside his room, his elbows over his knees and his face buried in his hands, he had heard Barry leave their shared room because Barry had known without words that Owen needed time to be alone.

His chest rose and fell rapidly, he knew the tears were a blink away from rolling down his face, he could feel the sting in his eyes and the lump in his throat as he sat over his simple bed and he started to analyze the horrors of the way with a cold head.

Since their parents had died, Owen had done everything in his power to keep his sister safe, Bea meant the world to him, she made his try harder to be a better person, she brightened his day just by being in the same room with her because for so long in their lives they had been all they had. He knew there were things Bea didn't tell him, he knew things sometimes happened to her that he would never know but he would always be there for her if she ever needed anything and right now she needed him to find her and he wasn't even close to doing so.

"I'm so sorry" he thought as he swallowed hard, an image of an over excited Bea choosing prom dresses slapped him hard on the face, cutting his breath short. "I swear I will find you, Bea Bird, just wait"

But how long could a young woman hold on in a dinosaur infested island? For all Owen knew she was alone and scared and the night had already fallen.

"What if I'm late?" he thought, his fingers curled and his hands turned into fists as his soul ached, he had to find her.

HE HAD TOO.

"Owen" spoke a soft voice, Owen uncovered his face and looked up, Barry was standing at the entrance of the room, he said nothing back to his friend "We are gonna find her"

"What if its too late?" asked Owen, he swallowed back his tears as he looked at his best friend.

"You know she's ok" explained Barry, "We both know it"

"How do you know that?" asked Owen "Dinosaurs are out there and we... he stopped and sighed as he looked down at his feet.

"Get some sleep Owen" Barry said as he walked into the room "I know its hard but you need to rest before we reach the island and look for her"

"I'll try" Owen lied.

"She's gonna be fine" Barry said once more, and for a moment he realized that he was the only one in that boat that actually believed that Bea was going to be fine for the night; the thing was Barry had decided to ignore what was worrying him.

Owen looked up at Barry "Why are you so sure?" he whispered, pain palpable in his voice.

"Because she has survived worse" thought Barry "Because she's a Grady" he smiled "She tamed Charlie, sort of" Owen couldn't help but smile. "Get some rest man"

"I'll try" his voice come more believable this time.

Barry smiled, but as he watched Owen kick his shoes off his mind drifted to what he really feared; it wasn't the dinosaurs or her being alone, it was the same thing Zach feared, it was the way Andrew's eyes got dark when he looked at Bea, it was just like Leo.

And even though Barry never knew, it was the same way Hoskins had looked at her.