3

Bea played with her fingers as she waited for Zach to say something but he remained silent as he looked down at his own hands, thinking of something to say but finding no words no matter how hard he tried it.

"You're in the middle of the semester, Bea" he finally decided to say "You can't just drop school and go back there"

"School can wait" Bea explained, she reached over and took Zach's hands in both of her hands, her eyes pleading. "I really think they need us there, you know? How long do you think the mosasaurus can survived without being fed?" she took a deep breath "Zach they might be manmade but they still need to be taken care of, you know? Like when elephants get hurt in those reservoirs in Africa"

"Yes, but these animals can kill you faster than elephants can" pleaded Zach "I really don't want you to go"

"Why not?" sighed Bea.

"Because I... he paused "Because I don't want you to get hurt" he finally said.

"I have to go work there" she finally concluded as she pulled her hands back to her lap "Even if it's just to see how the test trial works"

Zach took a deep breath and leaned his elbows over the kitchen island, hiding his face behind both hands as he thought what to say or what to do to stop this madness.

"Is this really that important to you?" he asked, his words muffled under his hands, Bea looked down at her lap.

"It is" she answered "I need a break from this place" she wanted to add, but she couldn't, she would have to explain why and the last thing she wanted was to tell Zach about the parole petition Leo had asked for.

"Then I'll go with you"

Bea's head snapped up at Zach, he was looking at her with soft eyes, slight pink marks over his face from the pressure of his hands against his skin.

"What?" she asked, a small smile appearing over her face "Are you serious?"

"You say it's important to you, and they said you could take a friend, why not take your boyfriend right?"

"Oh god" smiled Bea, she pushed herself up to her feet "You are the best!"

Bea rushed around the kitchen island and towards Zach, she threw her arms around his neck and pulled him into a tight hug, Zach wrapped his arms around her waist and closed his eyes as he held her against him; all the while thinking what he was going to tell his parents when he broke the news that he was going back to Jurassic World.

Or what was left of it.

"What is your brother going to say about all of this?" Zach asked, he looked up at Bea, the young woman standing in between his legs as he sat at the high chair.

"That you encourage me to do dangerous things" chuckled Bea, she caressed the back of Zach's head gently; her fingers dancing through his hair as she thought about Owen's reaction to all of this.

"Are you going to tell him today?" he whispered.

"Yeah" she sighed, she pushed herself away from Zach and her hands dropped from his head to his shoulders as she looked at him "I think the sooner I tell him, the better you know? He might even agree to come"

"When he hears I'm coming with you, he probably will" smiled Zach, Bea chuckled loudly, her head thrown back and her hair flopping around as she laughed nervously.

"Barry is coming too, he'll keep an eye over Owen"

"Barry is coming?"

"Yeah" answered Bea, she turned around and leaned against Zach as she gently sat over his lap, the young man wrapped his arms around her and leaned his chin over her shoulder. "So are Lowery and Vivian"

"Who's Vivian?" asked Zach.

"She's a tech, she worked with Lowery" answered Bea.

"How do you know they are going?"

"After you called I texted Barry and he told me"

"Oh" whispered Zach.

"Yep"

Bea fished her phone out of the front pocket of her shorts and rapidly texted her brother, she knew Owen would hate to hear about her decision two days before she left and to be honest she was almost sure deep inside Owen wanted to go back.

She knew he wanted to see the girls again.

___________//____________

"WHAT?!" roared Owen as he jumped to his feet, his voice not transmitting even half of the anger he was feeling rolling through his veins as he realized what his sister had decided to do. On the sofa Claire, who had been sitting next to him, had lost all her color as she looked at Zach and Bea.

"Owen is going to flip" thought Claire as she slowly pushed herself up to her feet.

"Bea had you thought about this completely?" asked Claire, next to her Owen was shaking with rage.

"Yes"

"NO!" barked Owen, he pointed at his sister "You are not going anywhere!" he roared, Claire grabbed Owen's arm to stop him from launching forward and tackling Bea down to the tie her up to avoid her from leaving "I will tie you up if I have to"

"There you go" sighed Claire in her mind.

"Barry and Lowery are going!" Bea said as she pushed herself up to her feet, Zach was the only one who remained seated.

"Barry and Lowery are grown men!" barked Owen "They can do whatever they want!"

"I'm grown woman too!"

"Oh my god shut up" barked Owen, "You are my sister and you are not going anywhere if I can stop you and I can"

"You are acting insane Owen" sighed Bea, "I'm going and that's final"

"Dad wouldn't allow you to do such a stupid thing"

"Dad isn't here anymore, Owen" answered Bea seriously "And you cant stop me"

"What are you doing to stop this!?" cried Owen as he pointed at Zach.

"Stop, he has nothing to do with this!" barked Claire.

"I said I'd go with her" answered Zach, this time he did stand up.

"WHAT?!" roared Claire as she turned to look at Zach, her face going through 50 shades of red "ARE YOU INSANE! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO EXPLAIN THIS TO YOUR MOTHER!?"

"I'll talk to her" answered Zach.

Owen looked at his sister, his face had drained from all his color as he heard Claire and Zach argue.

"Why are you even going?!" barked Claire "They didn't contact you!"

"Because it's important to Bea, besides its just a week" explained Zach "She's supported me through everything I've decided to do, I'll do the same with her because I.... he paused "I care about her"

"Fine its decided" sighed Owen, Claire turned to look at him "You two are perfect for each other, one is dumber than the other; match made in freaking HEAVEN!" barked Owen.

"We can still fix this" whispered Claire as she looked at Owen, she pushed her copper hair away from her face and waited for Owen to answer.

"You two have made this decision, right?" asked Owen, he looked at Zach and Bea "Not even if I punched Romeo would you two say no, right?"

Zach took a step back but Bea rapidly entwined her fingers with his and gave him a reassuring squeeze.

"I'm not really going to punch you, dude, geez" said Owen as he rolled his eyes and singled to Zach, not that he didn't want to sometimes.

"You can't talk us out of this" Bea declared.

"Fine" sighed Owen, his hands dropped next to his side "Then its simple" Claire looked at Owen "I'm going too, I'm not leaving you two on that island alone"

"Oh my god" whispered Claire "This can't get any worse" she slowly turned from Owen to Zach and Bea and found herself saying something she had never dreamed of "We have a lot to pack then."