Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

"Babe, shhh, it's okay. You're not going to fall," Harry coos. He helps me get up off the ground and wraps his arm around my waist again, pulling me into him.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god," I whisper chant to myself under my breath.

"I hate you," I whisper nervously.

"I know," he chuckles. "But thanks."

When I lift my head from Harry's chest, I can no longer see through the glass. A loud ding rings out as the elevator door opens.

"Thank God," I sigh as I hop out into the hallway. Harry follows with a laugh and hands me my crutches.

Dan quickly informed us that the last elevator ride down was at midnight, in around three hours. We both nodded gently as he turned around the corner and made his way through the hallways. We went straight ahead, stopping at the walls to read several bundles of information on the tower.

"I can't believe we're over 1100 feet in the air," I say surprisingly.

"Yea, it's crazy," he nods. He softly grabs my hand and slowly leads me over to what seems to be a panoramic wall of windows. It curls around the majority of the ovular tower with a metre of a dark navy wall between each chunk of glass. I take one step forwards towards the window and put my hands on the glass before staring out in awe.

I can see the entire city and further, right before my very own eyes. Yellow and white lights line the sky across the entirety of the darkened horizon, trailing up and down the towering buildings. Even at night, this city is extremely busy. I can see the red lights of backed up traffic all the way from Milton, a city which is over half an hour away without traffic. I can see the little people as dots scurrying along the side walks, and all the buildings scraping the sky. I count all the ones with pools in my mind and even catch sight of a tall glass building with a party going on in the penthouse.

Colourful strobe lights bounce off the glass in the penthouse, intriguing me. I stare back out into the city and awe completely takes over me as I stare through the twinkling lights amongst the skyline. I drag my eyes in silence along to a large black spot, which I where I'm assuming the shoreline of Lake Ontario is.

"Wow," I sigh breathlessly. "It's beautiful."

"It's absolutely gorgeous," he agrees. We go back to silence as we stare back out into the enticing night sky.

"It's nothing compared to you, though," Harry says softly.

"Pardon?" I ask quietly.

"The skyline, no matter how gorgeous it is, will never be anything compared to the beauty of you."

A heart-shattering smile breaks across his face, and it immediately mirrors mine. I stare down to the ground, my cheeks as red as a fire truck. He's so sweet that it makes my insides ache. Butterflies roam in circles in my stomach as I blush harder.

Harry brings his hand up to my face and cups my cheek. He drags my thumb across my cheekbone before leaning in and kissing me on the nose, and the forehead, and my cheek. My cheeks burn even brighter, and I feel like anyone in a five-mile radius can see how hard I'm blushing.

"Want to go on the glass floor?" He asks me.

"I'll see it, but there's no way I'm going on it," I smile. He shakes his head and laughs.