Chapter 7

Lianna screamed. She had seen Jakal's lifeless body on the floor. Vreal stared in shock for a few minutes before snapping out of it. Then he turned to the elves.

"I thought that we would know if something happened!" Vreal said in anger.

"We should have. But, seen as how we didn't, he or she must be able to use magic to counteract the wards." Vanir said.

"It's a he? How was it is possible for him to use magic? The last time we met, he was invisible." Vreal said. Vreal turned back to the dead soldier at his feet.

"Is there anything you can do?" Vreal asked not looking away from his fallen brother.

"No, we cannot. He has been dead for too long for us to do anything." Vanir said.

"Sir!" A guard said as he ran up to Vreal.

"What is it?" Vreal asked.

"Sir. The egg is gone. We have looked around the room and down the hall. The egg is gone." The guard said.

"Looks like your plan worked Vreal." Vanir said.

"Yes, it does... Is it working?" Vreal asked. One of the female elves stepped forward and looked down the hall.

"Yes. Yes, it is." She said.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Ziragen awoke with the feeling of a ten pound weight on his chest. Confused, Ziragen looked down and saw a bronze mass on his chest. He blinked a few times to clear his sight and saw that it was actually a bronze reptile.

"What the heck?" Ziragen murmured. The reptile lifted its head and yawned in his direction. 'Wait... Is that a... NO!' Ziragen thought as his eyes lit up with realization that on his chest was not a bronze reptile, but a bronze dragon.

Ziragen quickly got up and jumped out of bed, which made the small dragon cry in alarm as it fell on Ziragen's bed. The dragon looked at Ziragen and yelped at him in annoyance. Ziragen grabbed his bag and looked inside to see that the stone he had gotten was actually an egg and the pieces were inside his bag.

'Damn it!' Ziragen thought. He looked over at the little dragon and noticed a shadow pass in front of the boarded up window behind his bed.

'No one ever comes around here.' Ziragen thought to himself. He walked walked over to the window and looked out through a gap in between boards. What he saw not only shocked him, but made his heart race. Outside of his run-down house was a large group of guards. There was at least twenty guards that Ziragen could see from his spot.

'Crap!' Ziragen thought. He left the window and quickly put on his amulet. No sooner had he whispered the phrase and turned invisible, had a loud bang came from the other side of the dented door.

"Come out! We know you're in there!" Came a voice from the other side. Ziragen moved to the fake quarter wall and was about remove it when he heard the jingling of armour.

'I'm surrounded.' Ziragen thought. He then sat on the ground and sent out his senses. He felt only six people outside his home. He soon found out he couldn't feel outside the six, it was as of they were a net and he was a fish.

All of a sudden the net got tighter. Ziragen panicked and fled to his mind and started to hide his conscience.

'Empty mind, empty presence. Empty mind, empty presence.' Ziragen thought. There was another banging at the door.

"Last chance human! Open up!" The voice said again. As soon as he finished speaking the dragon called out in a yap of annoyance. Five second later the door was blasted open and a male elf walked in.