Chapter 7: Back To Reality

"Hi! Good morning! Good morning!" Dara shyly bowed and greeted the ROS crew camping around their house as soon as she went out of her car. She started handing out some packed meals for them and they shyly but thankfully accepted it. It was only five in the morning and was so sure that her boys were still sleeping soundly. She asked the staffs though, to make sure.

"They're still asleep, aren't they? " She heaved a sigh of relief when the crew answered 'Yes'. She was immediately handed with her mic which she effortlessly wore on before going back to her car.

Swiftly but carefully, she carried all the shopping bags and food keepers inside. Some of crews helped her take her things inside the house and she would whisper 'thank you' every now and then. She placed the strawberries they picked in the fridge as well as her mom's strawberry jam which was made especially for Jiyong. She smiled as she recalled how her mother would always deny it defensively everytime she and her sister would tease her saying the strawberries she used for Jiyong's strawberry jam were all bruised and left overs.

Dara turned around when she noticed a camera man following her.

"They slept late didn't they? " she asked but the camera man shook his head.

"Only Jiyong-ssi,"

"Oh... So the kids slept early? Good to know that. I wonder what made Jiyong stay up late. He didn't plan anything stupid, didn't he?" Dara asked and the man just laughed.

"Please have your breakfast first," Dara said with a light laugh, trying to shoo away the crew because she was getting conscious about being followed around while whipping up some breakfast for her family. She realized that her efforts to escape the prying lenses of the cameras around her were useless so she tried her best to ignore their presence and quickly prepared a hearty meal for her boys first through she had been itching to go upstairs and see them.

It was after more than an hour when she finished cooking and cleaning the kitchen. She washed her hands and removed her apron and once again, the camera man followed her.

"You must be so tired doing that for two consecutive days, aigoo," she told the man with a modest smile as she went upstairs with excitement.

Finally, she'll get to see her sons and husband again. It's only been two days but she couldn't deny how sleepless she's been just for she's been missing and worrying about them all along.

She bit her lip as she held onto the door knob but it made her furrow her brows when she noticed that the door was locked.

"Why is this locked?" Dara wondered for they have never locked the triplets' room ever. She turned to the camera man behind her only to earn herself a shrug from the man.

"Ji? " Dara started calling out Jiyong in a controlled voice while knocking lightly on the door. "Yah... kwon Jiyong,"

Dara waited for a response but nothing came. "Aisht. What's wrong with him? Why did he lock the door? "

Dara decided to go to their room just across and find her keys but before she could even turn the knob, she heard a few soft giggles inside. She bit her lip. She knows her sons' voices and it seems like they were already up and awake. Why did they sleep here and not in their room? Dara wondered about it.

She tried to contain her smile and pushed the door open but what made her drop her mouth in surprise was the sight of her sons still in their pyjamas, each of them holding a banner.

"Welcome home, eomma!" Yong il said while holding the banner up, his face split to a wide smile.

"Oh Yong il-ah, thank you!" Dara chuckled at her son's cuteness.