Dreams of the Heart (A Dark Vampire Romance) ~ Chapter Fourteen

Hello Dudes and Dudettes!!! Hope your all well =) I've had a very interesting week so far... I've been in and out of hospital, because I have diabetes, so that was fun... NOT! And yesterday, I got hit by an idiot on a bicycle and have hurt me wrist really bad, so I'm having trouble writing and typing... Sorry for the lateness of this chapter... Hope you enjoy it... More coming soon... Keep the comments coming, they're amazing and I love all of you!!! Vote xxx

Chapter Fourteen

Darkness surrounded me. Unintelligible voices drifted through my mind. I was shaking, from the cold I guessed.

I opened my eyes slowly, blinking through the haziness.

The room I was in was dark, small, damp and cold. It reminded me of a garden shed. The walls were wooden planks, nailed together, the floor wooden also, but had a muddy green carpet laid in the middle. It was caked in mud, stained in places, with what appeared to be blood.

I tried to reach up to my eyes, to rub them, but I couldn't move. I looked down at my body and fear seeped into my veins, freezing me. My arms were laying straight down either side of me. A thick rope tied around my upper body, melding my arms in place. I tried to remember as far back as I could, but it was like trying to see through thick fog. My head exploded in pain and I gasped from it.

My voice was muffled.

I tried to scream for help, but it came out as mush. There was a gag on my mouth, stopping my mouth reaching anyone who could have helped me.

As tears gathered in my eyes. I remembered something.

Willow. She'd come to my flat... I'd shouted at her and broken down... Later, I found her handbag by the sofa... She came back to get it... But it wasn't her...

It was...

"So... Fangirl is finally up. Bout bloody time." I looked up and saw a man entering the room. Shock and dread enveloped me. It was the man that had been at my flat. He'd wanted me to go with him. We had fought and he'd thrown me against the sofa, knocking it and me to the floor. I'd thrown a vase at him and he'd slapped me across the cheek, hard.

At the memory, I felt a pain gather in my cheek and started to sting and ache. I could taste blood in my mouth. The coppery tang made my stomach heave. He'd grappled me to the floor then, rolling us around in the glass, cutting into our skin. I remembered trying to scream and beating at his chest.

And then just darkness.

I continued to stare up at him. His face was hard. He wasn't handsome, his mouth was too small for his face, his eyes were tilted slightly, an eerie blue coated them. His face was blemished. He looked to be in his late twenties. As he approached me, I tried to shuffle away. His body wasn't muscular, not even close, his arms like toothpicks and his legs like chopsticks.

"Aww... Come on now..." He drawled, running the back of his hand down my cheek. His touch was rough, like sandpaper over silk. I cringed at his touch and tried to turn away. "I thought we were getting along. You were enjoying yourself earlier..." He laughed darkly, evilly.

I tried to scream, but the gag stopped my voice carrying. "Hey! Stop that now!" He shouted, grabbing my hair and yanking my head to face his. We were separated by mere inches. His breath blew across my face and it was foul. Booze, cigarettes and something else I couldn't place. I screamed in fright and pain. He just chuckled low. "I wouldn't hurt you if you behaved... But bad girls need to be punished... It's the only way they learn..." He said slowly, leaning into me and whispering in my ear.

My eyes widened and pictures of various scenario's ran through my mind. All the things he might do to me.

"Now, listen to me... Are you listening?" He released his hold on my head and grabbed my shoulders, shaking me so hard, my teeth knocked together. I just started to cry harder.

"Listen to me, NOW! Fucking fangbanger!" He shouted in my face. I screamed again, but stilled my body, trying not to fight back and provoke him more. I needed him to leave me and give me enough time to get free and run.

My breathing was ragged as he crouched infront of me. His face was pure madness. I thought that he might be deranged, or just plain crazy. His eyes were darker now, pure hate shone through them. His mouth was a tight line, his jaw clenched. "Listen... I don't want to hurt you, but I will if I need to... And it wont take a lot to anger me..." He said, matter of factly. I didn't doubt that for a second.. I just sat and looked at him, my eyes puffy and wet from my tears.

"I need you to answer some questions for me. They're simple enough... If I remove the gag, do you swear to remain silent until I ask you to speak?" He asked, his voice, I guessed, was meant to be soft and reassuring, but it just sounded desperate and manic. I nodded slowly. If the gag was off, then I had one chance of escaping. The man reached into his inside jacket pocket and pulled out a retractable knife. It looked deadly and sharp, but the shine of the blade made it appear beautiful.

"I will kill you if you disobey me..." He threatened, eyes scoring mine with promise. I just nodded again. He reached up slowly and grabbed the gag. With a warning glance at me, he pulled it free of my mouth and left it hang around my neck. I took a deep breath, allowing more and more air to fill my lungs. He walked to the side of the small room we were in and grabbed a stool. He placed it infront of me and then lowered onto it.

"Okay, Elena right?" He asked, his eyebrows raising. I nodded, not wanting to speak yet. "Good, you listened" He said, a quick look of shocked surprise on his face, before it was replaced by his cold, menacing mask.

"I want to know if you know anyone by the name of Dominic? Dominic Castle?" He asked, his eyes now burning with curiosity. I didn't speak. I just waited for him to continue. "You can answer... Answer the question." He demanded.

"I don't know anyone by that name." I replied quietly, looking at him. My voice was weak and gravely. I sounded like I'd smoked five hundred cigarettes in one day. I'd always thought I was a good liar and hoped he wouldn't see through me.

He just looked at me for a few seconds before laughing softly, shaking his head.

"Elena... Elena, Elena, Elena..." He tsked. His tone was lifeless, his face blank. He stood and turned away. Fear engulfed me, I didn't think that was a good sign. My breathing began to speed up.

"You will learn..." He said softly. "Not to lie to me!" He shouted, turning to face me and striking me across the face with his hand.

© Amy Sagar