Dreams of the Heart (A Dark Vampire Romance) ~ Chapter Seven

So people, I got the nicest compliment I've ever recieved the other day and I was so overwhelmed. It touched me deeply. This chapter is for that wonderful person =) I'm hoping I'm doing a good job for you guys and your enjoying it. Please please please, comments people, they really help. Any idea's, tell me... Vote if you like... xxx

Chapter Seven

I was just putting my phone and purse in my handbag, listening to 'My Immortal' by Evanescence, when I heard a car horn outside. I'd just finished getting ready. I was wearing my new outfit, with those amazing boots Dominic had suggested, and I looked great.

I'd made a big effort with my hair and make-up, knowing Dominic would be showing up. I'd spent 2 hours straightening my hair. I know. 2 hours! I'd put a cute red bow in my hair, to the side and fluffed up my hair. I looked like one of those cool 'scene girls'.

My eye's were smoky black, outlined in black eyeliner. My full lashes framed by eyes. My cheeks were a light shade of pink and my skin was creamy, so I didn't wear any foundation or blusher. There was no need. I'd put on rouge lipstick and some clear lipgloss, which finished off outfit perfectly.

I walked over to the window and saw a black taxi sitting next to my car. Willow saw me out the car window and waved for me to down outside. I picked up my bag, turned off the music and walked out of my bedroom into the living room. I turned the lights off and grabbed my keys, shutting and locking the door behind me.

"Hiya hottie! Look at you girl! You look amazing." Willow shouted from the car. I walked over and got in.

"Hi Will. Thanks, you look fantastic too. I thought I was picking you up?" I asked, shooting a look at the taxi driver.

"Oh yeah, I know, but I thought maybe you'd like to have a drink. You can't drink if your driving, so I'm splashing out and we're taking taxi to Black Rose... Is that okay?" I don't really drink, just the occasional one now and then, so I didn't mind driving. But then again, my nerves were soaring at the thought of seeing Dominic.

"Yeah, that's fine... Saves petrol." I answered, laughing. Willow relaxed into her seat as the taxi pulled away from the house. I looked out the window, my mind replaying the scene between me and Dominic in Black Velvet earlier. He'd looked gorgeous. His midnight black hair had hung loose around his face. His skin was pale, but glowing. His eye's had been cold and hard, but then had smouldered and melted my heart. I don't think I'd ever seen a more beautiful man. Actually, I was pretty sure I hadn't. 'Move over Johnny Depp' I thought to myself with a smile.

"What's got you smiling?" Willow asked me, snapping me out of my space out session. I looked at her and she was searching my face. A small smile on her lips.

"Huh? Um... Nothing, just thinking 'bout things." I answered. I felt heat in my cheeks and knew I was blushing. A laugh escaped Willow's mouth and she looked away.

"Uh huh..." She said, looking out the window. I didn't reply, just looked down at my lap.

"I'll find out... eventually."She warned. I turned to look at her and she was staring at me, her face hard. A silent promise that she wouldn't let up.

I sighed, but didn't say anything else.

The night sky was dark, small dots of white coated the endless expanse. The moon was full and shone brightly. It was a beautiful night. It was chilly, but not too cold. It was lovely.

We stopped outside The Black Rose a few minutes later. I got out the taxi and checked my outfit whilst Willow was paying the driver. She walked up behind me and linked her arm with mine, pulling me towards the entrance.

The Black Rose was a dark space, deep purple and black walls, covered with beautiful canvas paintings of dark scenes. One in particular was my favourite. A beautiful woman was lying on a white sofa, a white dress hiding her body. Her face a mask of pleasure, as a man draped himself over her, his mouth to her neck, a red trickle falling down her pale skin. It made my body shiver in expectation every time I saw it.

The club was busy, but not packed. Men and women, mostly dressed in black, lined the bar and sat at the tables spaced around the room. The club smelled of perfume, it overwhelmed my sense's. Music played in the background. As I listened, I found Paramore's 'Decode' playing. I loved this song and started singing the song quietly whilst Willow dragged me over to an empty table in the corner of the room. I sat down and placed my bag on the table.

"Okay, so I want a drink... What you having?" Willow asked me, looking at the cocktail list on our table.

"Um... I'll have a vodka and Red Bull?" I answered, checking the list to see it was there.

"Okey dokey... Coming right up. I'll be back in a mo... " She said, walking towards the bar. I giggled to myself, feeling myself relax further. This night wasn't turning out as bad as others, and it had just started. Normally by now, I'd be be sulking and asking when we'd be going home, but not tonight. The thought of Dominic turning up had me looking at the entrance and then looking at my phone to check the time. 7:12pm. I groaned internally. 'Another 18 minutes... That's not too long, then you'll see him.' I thought as I spotted Willow returning to our table.

I smiled as I took my drink from her and took a sip. "So anyway... Seeing as you wont tell me what's got you smiling, I'm gonna guess... You tell me when I get it right, okay?" Willow said, putting down her drink and pulling her chair closer to the table.

"Um... You got a raise? Nope, that's not it... You finally got that dog you've been talking 'bout? Nah... Your dad's decided to let you date finally?" I shot her a dirty look at that. My dad has been very strict with me since I was little. He never let me do anything I wanted, including getting a boyfriend. Moving out into my own space hasn't changed that. He still has to meet the potential candidate and approve them. I've only had 3 boyfriends, each either recommended by my dad, or approved by him, and they'd all turned out the same. They'd broke my heart. One, I found out, had only gone out with me for a dare. I'd cried for days. He had seemed like Prince Charming, buying me dinner and flowers, complimenting me all night and walking me to my door. When he'd tried to come inside and I'd turned him away, he'd revealed I was a dare and mocked me. I swore I'd never date again.

But the thought of Dominic... I could imagine dating him. 'He'll break your heart! They always do! And why would a guy like him go out with you?' My mind made complete sense. He was gorgeous. Perfect. Just the type of guy who would do something to hurt me. What could he see in me? But then, he had saved me last night. 'So? What does that mean? Nothing!' My mind screamed at me.

"Elena? You okay?" I looked up at Willow and she looked confused and concerned. I cleared my throat and looked away.

"Um... Yeah... No... I-I wanna go home..." I told her as I rose from my chair.

"What? Why? What's the matter? I thought we were having fun?" She replied, looking hurt.

"We were... I was... I just... I don't feel well..." I told her, picking up my handbag. I turned around and was almost knocked off my feet, but a pair of strong arms wrapped around my shoulders, keeping me on my feet. I smelled leather. I heard Willow inhale and make an approving noise. I glanced up and was met by God himself.

"And where are you going?" Dominic asked.

© Amy Sagar