0.7

luke didn't remember falling asleep wrapped in calum's arms, his head buried into the crook of his neck.

but he especially didn't remember falling asleep outside.

the feeling of the morning dew covered grass covered luke's skin, his clothes slightly damp as well as his hair. the morning sky that hung over them revealing no sun, only a lilac from a distance and heavy looking storm clouds. glancing over at calum- who was still fast asleep- he smiled at the sight of his dark eyelashes fanned out and how his soft lips slightly parted with soft snores.

the memory of those lips pressed frantically against his own flooded his memory again, how badly he wanted to just lean down and kiss them again.

pushing those thoughts out of his mind, he softly shook his friend awake, a groan escaping from his lips as he sat up, "why are we outside?"

"why do you think, dickhead?"

calum let out a slight chuckle, scooting closer to the boy and wrapping an arm around his shoulder, "i don't know. all i remember is you falling asleep on me and me being to lazy to wake you up."

"oh, thanks." he said, rolling his eyes.

calum laid on his back for a while, bringing luke down with him. coolness of the grass around both of them, slight nip of the winter air causing them to get closer, the steadiness of the other one breathing,"you know we probably have to like- get ready."

"for what."

"school."

luke groaned loudly, leaning his head back and looking at the rain clouds. he'd be lying if he didn't say that just the feeling of calum's arm around him shot tingles up his spine,"shit. why don't we just skip it today."

"okay fine, but where would we go?"

the blonde boy looked shocked, not expecting the answer that came from calum, "are you serious?"

"yeah i'm serious."

"but are you serious serious."

"fucking hell luke. i could change my mind if you want."

"okay" he said, standing up and brushing off the grass blades that stuck to him, "okay. why don't we go into town? we can dick around and shit."

"alright. but you have to let me get ready. you probably should too-" he said, glancing down at luke's dew soaked clothes making them cling tighter to his thin frame than usual- a sight that he really didn't mind seeing.

he nodded, following the slightly shorter boy inside, quickly changing into a different black sweater and jeans that his friend lended  to him.

the sight of calum shirtless next to him, his lightly defined abs looking as if they were glowing as caused by the light filtering from the thin curtains covering his window, shirt hanging off his back. blue eyes stuck on the boy, not moving. they didn't want to move.

"can i uh... help you with that?" luke asked, walking over to the boy as he struggled to get his shirt over his head. thin fingers grabbing the hem and pulling it over the other boy's head, calum met his lips to luke's for another kiss, this time luke melting almost immediately to his touch. his fingers tangled into dark hair, his back pressed against the wall behind as he felt the muscles in calum's arms tense up further and his lips pressing against harder. luke felt hands trail slightly down his sides, fingers finding their way into his belt loops and bringing him even closer. it was bliss. it was what he had always imagined it would feel like.

but then again, they had only started this last night as well as finding out. part of luke wanted to go all the way this early on, but something inside of him screamed to take it slower.

breathless, luke slowly pulled away from calum and placed a hand on his chest, the dark haired boy's eyes filling up with worry, "cal."

"did i do something wrong?" he said, frantic.

"no, no it's not that. it's just- i think we should take things slow. i mean, we both just admitted this last night, and i don't think we should just jump right into this. i don't want this to be like any of my past relationships, i actually want this one to mean something."

calum nodded, sticking out his lower lip slightly, "i understand. i just- you're so gorgeous and i just wanna-"

"me too," he laughed, "but can we please just- wait a little while before we get too crazy? i mean, as much as i've always wanted to do this. "

"yeah, luke. we can."

luke smiled, brushing the curly dark hairs that fell into calum's face away with his pale thumb, placing a kiss on the tip of his nose, "thank you."

"so, how about that skipping school?"

rain softly falling, skies grey, shoulders brushing as they walked and the sound of worn out shoes crushing against sidewalk, the boys walked through town- only stopping for food or if they saw something cool. luke couldn't help but notice how adorable he thought calum looked as raindrops gently dripped down his face, or how he'd laugh each time he stepped in a rain puddle. both of them childish when it came to things like this, but not caring at all.

at some point, calum's hand silently slipped it's way into luke's, the two of them walking even closer than they had. smiles stretched across both of their faces, neither of them could remember a time where something felt so right, so- perfect.

but the smiles soon faded as they heard whispering coming from behind them. luke had pushed it away at first, but they seemed to get closer and closer to them. turning his head just enough to get a glimpse, he stopped in his tracks entirely.

eyes met with two pairs of familiar ones, a dark haired girl and a blonde girl staring silently at the both of them. their eyes flickered from the boys, to their linked hands, and back to the boys.

"liza... sophia?"

boyyyy. got real heated in here.

-Ellie