0.6

they sat outside, the cold and rough surface of the concrete scratching them, but neither caring. blue eyes focused on brown ones, knees touching, a shiver that ran through the both of them from the coldness as the sky turned from blue to a deep purple. neither spoke after explaining themselves thoroughly, their presences speaking for them.

"i can't believe how dumb we are." luke had said, his thin lips pressing into a line, his eyes wandering up to the gradient of a sky.

"how long have you-"

"since we met." he sad, running his long fingers through his flat hair, "what about you?"

"me too."

"we're so dumb."

calum emitted a small laugh, his smile seeming to brighten up the darkening sky, "i'm just glad i finally got it off my chest."

"it feels so much better now."

"what now? what does this mean for us..?"

luke thought for a moment. he hadn't really thought of that much, he had just been so concerned with just telling calum. as much as he did want to rush into things, he knew he couldn't and that they would need time, "i don't know, honestly."

"i mean, i know that i want to be more than friends."

"me too, but should we just run into things?"

the more the younger boy thought of it, the more enticing calum's lips had appeared to him, his deep brown eyes studying him intently. All he wanted to do now was just softly press his lips gently against his...

"why don't you play me that song you were playing earlier, and we'll see what happens from there."

the blonde boy smiled, walking into the house, his beat up and worn guitar carried with his thin fingers. calum smiled and patted the spot down next to him, watching luke's thin and graceful fingers gently make the chords and pluck the strings.

luke couldn't help but feel the slightest of self conscious as the lyrics fell from his lips, his cheeks burning a bright red, "give me love like him, cause lately i've been waking up alone. pain splattered tear drops on my shirt, told you i'd let them go and that i'd fight my corner. maybe tonight I'll call ya after my blood turns into alcohol. no, i just wanna hold you."

calum involuntarily smiled, trying to get a glimpse of the younger boy's eyes through his long eyelashes, his eyes traveling down to the scruff that found a home on his chin, "give a little time to me to burn this out. we'll play hide and seek to turn this around. all I want is the taste your lips allow. my my, my my, give me love."

luke smiled, "my my, my my, give me love."

they were merely inches away from the other, both deeply engaged in the other's eyes, both of their lips slightly parted, "i didn't know you knew how to sing, hood. "

"and i didn't realize how much of a romantic sap you were, hemmings."

lips finding the corner of his cold lips, the cool metal of his lip ring freezing them further, "so what happens from here? you said that after-"

without a warning, luke felt the firmness of a hand gently gripping his jaw, and then suddenly the sweetness of cal's lips against his own. something he had always dreamed about. something better than he had dreamt. hands wrapping around the older boy's neck, calum's hands slowly trailing their way down to luke's waist. shivers spread out the entirety of his body as one of calum's fingers found a thin strip of skin that revealed as he lifted up his arms. it was perfect.

"maybe that answers your question?" calum smirked, pressing his lips up to luke's once more, "i've always wanted to do that."

"i don't get why we hadn't done that sooner." the younger boy said, almost completely breathless.

"because we're dumb."

"super dumb."

sorry for the short chapter but aw

-Ellie