Chapter 7: Wicked

Hagrid led us to Professor Mcgonagall ' s classroom, where she was grading some papers and caring for her animals.

"Professor, I caught three of your Gryffindor students in the dark forest, running around screaming." Hagrid explains to her.

She stops what she is doing and looks at us like we are mentally insane. "What were you doing in the dark forest?" She asks, very stearnly.

"We were, uh...." James couldn't think of anything. His mind completely went blank.

"Well Mr. Potter? I know for a fact that you are the ring leader in this circle of friends." She states.

"Re-" Peter starts but was stopped, by Sirius who stomped on his foot.

"Re? Remus Lupin? What about him?" She asks, frustrated even more.

"We were looking for something that was taken from Remus and we thought the person that took it would put it in the dark forest, since he wouldn't go in there in hundred years." James states before Peter could open his mouth again.

The professor didn't seem amused by James excuses. But she was tired and just wanted to get it over with. "Does Remus know you were looking for this item?" She asks. All three shake their heads. "Well since it was just a simple act of kindness for a friend and a fellow student, you won't receive detention, but five points from Gryffindor, each." She states, making all three stand with shocked faces. "For stupidity."

The three of them nod and are sent back to their dorm room.

"Why didn't you tell her about Remus?" Peter asks, in a whisper.

"Because, if he didn't tell us he most likely didn't tell the professors." Sirius states.

"And I think, if they knew they would most likely tell Remus to leave, due to the fact he is a danger to everyone else, in their eyes." James explains.

"Isnt he?" Peter asks, looking around.

"The whole time he kept telling us he needed to get back to the castle, needed to get to the dungeons." Sirius explains, pulling Peter by his robes. "He knew exactly when, where, and who would be in danger, if he did not. For now, we help him not turn on him." He points at Peter using a serious tone in his voice.

"But, what if we get hurt?" Peter asks in a whimper.

"We still don't turn on him." James answers. "We don't turn our backs from a fellow Gryffindor." He declares. "Especially one that needs our help more then ever." He adds.

They finally reach the Gryffindor corridor.

"Do you think he will be alright out there?" Peter asks, as they head to their beds.

"Remus Lupin? I don't think he will." Sirius states, earning a worried look from both James and Peter. "I know he will." Sirius states.

"How?" Peter asks.

"He's Remus Lupin, so far he's a brilliant wizard for our age. That being said, he knows how to keep himself safe." Sirius explains.

"So we just wait?" Peter asks, sounding a bit pleased knowing Remus would be fine.

"Exactly." Sirius answers and pats his friend on the back. "We just wait."

The next morning they awoke and Remus was still not in his bed. "James, Sirius this can't be a good sign...." Peter states.

Sirius heads down into the sitting area of the corridor and there he sees a passed out Remus in one of the sitting chairs. He's covered up in a blanket. "Sirius, you can't just walk away like that." James states as he and Peter come walking out, aswell.