Chapter 17 - This is it

Start from the beginning

- This place... - I said, sighing.

- Is beautiful. - He said, completing my previous sentence.

We both contemplated the divine landscape.

- Why are we here? - I asked, moments after.

- Because. - He shrugged.

- León, that is not an answer.

- I simply wanted to be here with you. Is there a problem? - He said, looking me in the eyes, leaving me uncomfortable. Those eyes in mine was something I wasn't used to anymore.

- N-no. - I stuttered, rubbing my neck.

There we were looking around, walking together with no destination and no purpose. Suddenly, his hand attached to mine as I felt magical butterflies on my stomach, making me very nervous... that and the deep silence between us.

- Where are the girls? - I asked him, to relief the tension.

- Buenos Aires.

- Oh... And where is my dad?

His lips form a smile that says: "cool, you want to go that way but I won't tell you". I stopped walking and grabbed his hands, looking at him fiercely.

- León?

- I will tell you later. - He stroked my face. - Ok?

I nodded and we continued walking down the path.

That day was kind of strange and magical at the same time, which makes it weird. I felt so good next to him, sightseeing the city with him was delightful but so awkward too. I don't know but, maybe our kiss had something to do with that feeling. This will sound strange but I had this thing saying "kiss him". Yes, this did sound ruddgely strange. That unexpected encounter with him and that proximity to me made me recall that kiss and want another. It also brought to my memory the promise I had done to myself... to make him happy as he had done to me.

Although, I felt some tension coming from him too. Once, we were taking a selfie and we didn't notice how close we were. When we did, he was looking me in the eyes and, surprisingly, to my mouth. I don't have a clue about is happening between us, or maybe we both do, it's just perhaps none of us knows how to cope with this. But I want to know how to deal with this, I truly do... because I love him.

As we walked back home, I broke the silence:

- Are we going home? Meaning... our home?

- Yes, soon.

- How soon? - I asked, smiling about that perspective.

- Very. - He answered, shortly.

- You aren't telling me, are you? - I faced him, serious.

- Nop. - He smirked.

We had our hands laced, once again, and couldn't help but smile and feeling butterflies. When we reached home, he told me:

- Go have a shower, dress what's on your bed and make you pretty. I mean, more.

He said it kind of blushing, so did I, but I kissed his cheek, looking into his eyes and said "Thank you". I ran upstairs, excited about a new and unexpected surprise. What would it be this time?

I didn't even bother to look at what I was supposed to wear but, after a relaxing bath, I laid my eyes on a beautiful mint knee-dress. I put it on, as well as the soft gold belt, and looked into the mirror. It fitted beautifully. I spinned around, admiring it. I put on the black high heels next to the bed, which weren't that high. Lovely. I applied some make-up, not that heavy. I smiled to the mirror and went downstairs.

It was dark, no lights were on. Then, I hear my dad's voice screaming in pain. I rush down some stairs but lights go on and I see familiar faces shouting «Happy Birthday». There they were, all of them. I could not believe at first but, I ran to hug the girls, between laughs and tears. Then I went to the guys and finally León. This hug was longer, even if I had been with him all day. A few moments later, I saw my dad leaving the kitchen. Yes, my vision was watery, however, I could still see his eyes were holding little tears.

- I am sorry, honey. I am so, so sorry. - He said, embracing me tight.

- Don't worry. - I answered, letting my tears stream down.

At last, I faced the crowd. I felt my heart pounding and refilled of joy. I felt that the long lost part of me was now found and brought back to place. Nothing could express what I was feeling in that moment, no words could.

- Thank you. - That was all I was able to spill out.

They looked tenderly at me and joined everyone into a group hug.

- This is my family. - I said to myself, looking at their cheerful faces. - This is it.

*******

The moon was high and bright, leading in the sky, with a starry background. It was perfect. We were all laying in the grass, looking at that perfect night scenario.

- I can't believe you are all here. - I said, trying to count as many stars as possible.

- We are. - Fran smiled at me.

- We are going to sleep.

I looked up and saw Maxi, Andrés and Diego standing up.

- Ok, goodnight. - I waved.

- Vilu, we're going too. - Naty, Cami and Fran announced.

- Oh, okay. I won't be here long.

I turned around to realise it was only León and me left and blushed at that. Had they done that on purpose? I laid again and looked at him when I felt he was looking at me. We smiled and I put my head on his shoulder as he embraced me with his hand on my back. I had never been so close to him, except when we had our first kiss and that is what being here under the stars remembers me, those warm lips crashing into mine, his hands softly resting on my waist and his deep look in his eyes. To get away from those thoughts, I said:

- I can't believe we are going home tomorrow.

- Yeah, me too. I missed having you in Studio. - He giggled.

- I missed being there with you too.

I stood up and sat on the grass on my knees. He sat with me but started to dangerously approach me and that was the moment I knew. His eyes were still disarming and soon I found out his lips still tasted the same. His hand grabbed my chin with his finger made our lips touch and make sparks fly all around us. The kiss went deeper and I laid on the grass and he sustained himself on his elbow. Then we parted and smiled. We were there, looking into each other's eyes, crazily smiling, crazily in love. In love? Yes, because, after this kiss, I have no doubt he does feel the same thing about me.

He laid again and I hugged him, closing my eyes and I thought about how I had never been a hugging girl, but that fact suddenly changed once he hugged me. It was weird at first, because I had this urge to hug him as if my life depended on that. That is what love makes you feel like, it changes you in some way.

He was stroking my hand so softly that I quietly yawned. Bit by bit, I felt my eyes heavy and everything went black.

YES! MYSTERY'S GONE!! Of course it was who you were expecting but... DID YOU ENJOY IT?

Mi@