"he i-isn't a s-sociopath," michael argued softly, "and h-he isn't using me f-for s-sex. we've never even h-had sex, m-meanwhile, you an-and ashton..."

"ash and i are only a fling," alex said impatiently as they got off the elevator. michael slid into his office chair as alex stood behind his desk, an angry expression still plastered on his face, "at least i admit to it, and i have no feelings for him. i like brandi and nobody else."

"th-then why are you h-having an affair w-with ashton?" michael asked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. alex shrugged and ran some fingers through his hair carelessly.

"he's good at blowjobs. but i'm gonna end our fling once i ask brandi out, whenever i gain the confidence for it. meanwhile, you're over here with luke—"

"j-just fuck off, alex," michael blurted out, giving alex a regretful look as the words sputtered out of his mouth, "i-i know what i'm doing; th-this is my life, n-not yours. i can h-handle myself, and so c-can luke."

"tell brooks you're cheating on him with luke, or i will," alex said simply, putting his arms back by his sides as he backed up from michael's desk, "i'll tell him right after your wedding, the worst timing ever."

michael watched as alex left, going up in the elevator and pressing the button to the second floor. he waited until the doors had shut to wipe the tears that had been forming in his green eyes. admittedly, what alex said had hurt michael. michael had no idea what was going to happen in his future, and alex dared to have the audacity to ruin his marriage to brooks.

--

michael had his speech therapy today, which was something he was happy about yet sad about since it meant the weekend, and that meant that he wasn't going to see luke until the following monday. at least luke was going to drive michael to the speech therapy office; that was time they could spend together. michael was considering asking luke if he wanted to get dinner somewhere after the therapy.

the black haired boy felt his heart race as he saw luke come out of the elevator, a tired expression glued to his face. he offered luke a small smile as the older man removed his tie and fiddled with it in his hands.

"h-hey," michael spoke up, seeing that luke wasn't about to greet michael. luke just gave michael a slightly overwrought smile as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other and eyed michael up and down.

"you ready to go?" luke asked, still fiddling with his tie as he uncomfortably tugged at his white collar and then proceeded to unbutton the top button so that it wasn't up all the way to his neck. michael nodded and got up from his chair, going around the wide desk and watching as luke briefly skimmed his gaze over michael again before they began walking toward the exit. as they walked michael decided to text brooks and see how he was doing, since he was sick and all.

michael (4:42 pm): hey brooksy how are you doing?

brooks (4:43 pm): i'm fine. my fever went down so i feel better :)) how are you, how's work?

michael (4:43 pm): i'm good, works good. just tired :,(

brooks (4:44 pm): my poor baby :-(

brooks (4:45 pm): i gotta tell you something

michael (4:45 pm): anything :-)