Things about /you/

Practice goes on as usual for the rest of the time. No wait... it's actually slightly different. Usually, you wouldn't just observe their practice. You would help the coach and Kiyoko out with the volleyball practice. But ever since that spike you did earlier on, you haven't done anything. All you did was stand by the corner and space out.

Stray balls that come your way.... there are some that almost hit you. But you didn't receive nor spike any of them. Your reaction seems slower this time.

Nishinoya couldn't seem to concentrate either. He have been sneaking glances at you every single time. He got scolded by the Coach though. Even his movement doesn't seem as sharp as usual.

You take a look at the clock. 5.45 huh? You let out a soft sigh. Time seems to be passing by way too fast. Guess the time hates me today..

"Okay!! Pack up! We'll gather back here at 6.15!" The Coach's voice echoed across the gym. The boys stop their actions, as if on cue, and reply to the coach in sync.

Practice that tends to end slightly later is now ending earlier. Just how much do they want to know? You shrug. You doesn't have much to say. It's not something that is worth looking forward to, right? Probably..

You sighed as the time continues passing by faster to the point that its the timing they're suppose to assemble. One by one, the boys went towards the Coach, settling down almost too immediately.

The Coach began to tell the club about their weak points, an upcoming practice match and some other announcements. After he was done, there was a long five second pause, with a common understanding, they all immediately turn to face you. Coach then let out a sigh to break the silence as he passed the 'baton' to you.

You remain silent as their eyes were fixed towards you. Eyes filled with curiousity and anticipation that make it seems like you can't let it pass without saying anything.

"I-..." The boys leaned forward, not wanting to miss a single information out. "Wait... What am I suppose to say here again..?" A slight shrug  escaped your lips.

There was a small pause at first, but when the boys realised what was said, they let out a roar. Well some of them to be exact. They all go around yelling about how serious they are about wanting to know more about you background and stuff. You could just stay silent as the captain desperately tries to calm the team down.

~~~

"So (First Name) Chan, tell us about your connection with the Little Giant and the other stuff between you and volleyball!" Nishinoya spoke as soon as the chaos ended.

Tanaka nods in agreement to Nishinoya statement and was about to say something, only to be stopped by the captain. You began to arrange you thoughts. From what to say, to not saying anything unnecessary and such.

"The truth is... the Little Giant teaches me volleyball, mainly setting, even though I wasn't interested in it at all. He was frustrated about how he was not blessed with height and vent those anger to me.."

"Eh? He did?" Hinata eyes widen. The Captain pat Hinata shoulder, signalling Hinata to stay silent and listen.

You nod your head and continue, "any little mistake I did and he will ask me to run around the neighbourhood. After he graduate from high school, he disappeared without saying anything. That doesn't stop me from volleyball though. I even ended up joining the school volleyball team. Probably due to the habit on practicing after school everyday. Until one day, I met Tecchan, I mean Kei's older brother. He told me that I have talent, thus teaching me volleyball. Not as a setter, but a wing spiker. I start to--"

"Huh? You're still here? The school is closing soon. Please hurry and make your way back home safely okay?" A security guard, probably on petrol, when in the gym and cut you.

You look at the clock. Beads of sweats begin to make their way down your cheeks. Oh.. I guess I'm screwed now. Just when I thought there was enough time to buy something..

"(First name) Chan?? You're sweating really badly! Is it hot here?!" Nishinoya went to approach you, only to give you a worried, panic, look on his face. "Lets go!! Outside is cooler.. Ah wait, here! Wipe your sweat!!" Nishinoya hurriedly take out his towel and pass it to you.

You blink as he pass you the towel. Unsure of why he did such, you just hold onto it. Nishinoya turns to the other club members and bows. "Please excuse us first~!!" With that, Nishinoya grab your hand and starts walking. "Lets go home now~"

"Home?" You look at Nishinoya.

That only make Nishinoya confused. "Y-Yeah.. home. Did something happen at home?" he slowed down his walking speed.

"No. But I'm meeting Tooru now." You say it without realizing, only to regret mention Tooru's name. "I mean, there's some things I need to know! No.. er.." you began to look around for words. You take a  short glance at Nishinoya. He's staring sharply at you. Right..

"(First name)! There you are~ I waited at the place and you were not there so I decided to see if you're still in-- WOAH! The girlfriend stealer is here too!!"

The path we walk (nishinoya x reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें