Shade One

Author's Note: Hey my butterfly readers! before you start reading this chapter, let me elxplain whats going on. Stiles has just rescued Lydia from Eichen house, and the chapter starts off with the pack greeting, and making sure Lydia is okay, and safe. The pack is at Scott's house, and Stiles takes Lydia to his house. :) And then you can go on from there. LOVE YOU GUYS, THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT. Enjoy, my pretties. 

. . .

"Lydia, are you sure you're okay?" Kira questioned as she covered Lydia with a warm blanket, and patted her back gently.

Lydia was leaning slightly on Stiles' shoulder as she grasped the blanket shakily in her weak hands. She wrapped it around herself tightly, and sniffed. She nodded bleakly, and looked at everyone staring at her.

"Lydia, do you need to go to the hospital or anything? Maybe your house?" Scott asked her in a calming tone.

Lydia gave a daring glare that made everyone in the room shiver under their skin. "That's the last place I want to be."

For some reason she scooted a tiny inch closer to Stiles. All she wanted at the moment was for him to wrap his comforting arms around her, and make her feel safe and secure. And loved. She wanted nothing to do with her family. The only family she felt like she had was the pack. And even that was about to slip when Theo popped into the picture.

"You can stay at my place." Stiles suddenly suggested. He was glad that Malia wasn't here because he knew she wouldn't like that even if her and Lydia got along wonderfully.

"Will your dad mind?" Lydia pondered.

Stiles shook his head. "No,but I doubt he'll be home anyways."

"Okay," Lydia slowly breathed out. "What about Malia?"

"Lydia, relax." Stiles started to get up, and Lydia followed as she dropped the blanket back on the couch. "Kira, do you need a ride home?"

Kira shook her head, and grabbed Scott's hand warmly looking into his eyes. "I'm okay. Thanks. Lydia, call Scott and I if you need anything. Stiles, keep an eye on her."

"Okay," Stiles agreed. "I'll call if she needs anything. Whatever makes you sleep tonight."

Lydia followed Stiles to the front door saying goodnight to Scott and Kira. As soon as Stiles opened the door a gush of cold California air hit Lydia and she quickly grabbed Stiles' arm.

She couldn't see, but he smiled at her touch; remembering when she did almost the same thing when he saved her foot from extreme pain.

Stiles and Lydia walked to his beat up blue Jeep. He opened the door for her and she got in. He did the same, and began the drive home to his house.

Traffic wasn't even a problem considering they weren't even on the highway, and got to Stiles' house in minutes. Minutes of complete silence, but minutes none the less. Lydia looked and sounded completely and utterly worn out. She needed some serious rest.

Stiles turned off the Jeep, and got out. He rushed to Lydia's side, and opened the door for her. She smiled in thanks, and walked with him to his front door. Stiles unlocked his front door, and held it open for Lydia to go first. Lydia entered quickly, and Stiles followed. Like always.

He shut and locked the door. He turned back to Lydia. "Do you want anything to eat or drink before you head to bed?"

Lydia shook her head. "No thank you. I'm just really tired, Stiles."