Chapter Thirty Seven- Troth

Annabelle awoke in the arms of the man she loved to find him peacefully asleep. She had never been able to awaken in his arms with the fear of someone discovering them. The thought of such a thing occupied her mind as she traced her finger upon his skin. Beginning at his ear, she traced it before moving her finger to his forehead and between his eyes and down his nose to his lips. Moving closer to him, she pressed her lips against his before finding a deep sigh and stretch from him.

"Good morning the love of my life, my reason for existing, soon to be my wife..." She smiled at the potential label before collecting the sheets and covering her chest.

"What time is it?" He moved to the window which was covered with a long wooden slate before noticing the priest come to the castle.

"Why is the priest here so early?"

"He was due at noon!"

"Oh..."

"We have to get dressed!" She tried to find her clothes and place them on but Hans made it difficult. He would hide her clothes and then kiss her. Sometimes pushing her up against the wall or pulling her onto the bed with him, or even undressing her once she dressed. "We could not marry..." She eventually said as she was pleasantly aggravated.

"If it means I can keep you to myself in bed for the rest of my life-I can live with that." He teased as he kissed her neck.

"I will not sleep beside you again unless we are wed!" She spoke loudly as she finally got her corset on.

"As you wish..." He said sweetly before assisting her with the corset but she turned quick and kissed him.

"Do not worry, I have to change into my gown for the matrimony service."

"I will see you at the hall."

"I will be the one dressed in white..." She teased as he pulled her into him one final time before kissing him. She moved toward her room before finding IvyLynn sitting on the edge of her bed. She wore a beautiful lace gown that fitted her body beautifully. In her hands, she held a large box that held Annabelle's wedding dress inside. Placing the box on the edge of her bed, she untied the ribbon before her eyes watered upon seeing the dress. Taking it from the box, she saw how it had three layers and looked to IvyLynn for help.

"I have a request." She asked to IvyLynn who placed the slip over her body. Lining it against her body, Annabelle pushed it down before continuing. "Would you walk me to him? Would you give me away?"

IvyLynn began to get tears in her eyes as she nodded and hugged Annabelle.

"I hope you know that you are the daughter I could never have and the friend I always dreamed of."

"You are the mother I never had."

She smiled before reaching in her satchel across the room.

"I almost forgot..."

She held a small box in her hand before taking the top off.

"This is my final gift to you, if I have ever had any before...This is the one I think you will admire..." Annabelle opened the box before finding it to be a portrait of Annabelle as a baby. She had been resting safely in IvyLynn's arms. "Even though you do not fit there any longer, that does not mean I will stop protecting you." She gave IvyLynn a final hug as they placed the finishing touches upon the dress and placed the baby's breath in her hair and finished her makeup. Her long flaxen hair was wavy, her dress was celestial, and her moment was finally her own. She walked down the halls as the servants applauded them. She was placed before a set of doors which led to the room which they would be married in. The man that opened the door gave her a smirk before opening the door. They stood before one another and she took his breath away. He took her hand into his before they were placed before the priest.

Exchanging the vows they spoke of truly from the heart, they had rings placed on one another's fingers before becoming man and wife, legally, morally, and eternally. The entire palace was there to see their vows exchanged and it was as if life was a bright place once again. He took her into his embrace before all the royals, servants, and soldiers before kissing her. When the kiss ended, he swept her in his arms and led her to the room they had made for their wedded night. Upon setting her down, she looked around the room to find the most glorious large bed in the center.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see something so comfortable." She teased as she reminisced about the bed back at the Castle. He placed his hand on her cheek and then one upon her waist before kissing her passionately.

"Our second kiss as husband and wife..."

"Our first night as a married couple. What are we to do?"

"I nearly forgot...I will return quick." He said as he left the room and she began undressing into her nightgown. One that was made of lace and also gifted by IvyLynn which had been packaged in the same box as the wedding gown. It fit her tight but complimented her small physique. When he returned, he smirked before going to her and biting his bottom lip momentarily before speaking.

"I had something crafted just for tonight." He pulled his hand from behind his back and set it before her. "Close your eyes." She did as requested before he moved the hair from her neck and placed something around her neck. She moved to the mirror before seeing what it had been.

"My locket? How?"

"One of the many nights I strolled the grounds of the castle, I found this." She placed her finger on the right side of it and opened it to find a photograph of her and Hans painted in the right side and the other side empty.

"For the little guy-or girl..."

"I cannot believe it. All of this..."

"Neither can I. Wife."

They both smirked before sharing an everlasting kiss. Cementing the moment, their marriage, and the night ahead.