The life

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

Ugh. The sound of the start of the stupid day. That marks the start of my terror ridden day. If the alarm clock didn't wake me up, the sound of my parents bickering about breakfast surely will.

"You know I hate pancakes, Carol!"

"Well maybe you should cook your own breakfast, Greg!"

"Well maybe you shouldn't have cheated on me with my best friend!"

And so they argue until the both run out of words to throw at each other. Usually this is after I leave for school, which is rather fast. No one wants to be around people like that. Even if they're your parents. Once, when my dad was drunk, he told me"No one loves you, especially me". Sure, it stung back then, but now, it's usual stuff.

Anyways, after that mess, I head to my bus stop. The kids there are Todd and Erik. Both of them are incredibly dumb. All they ever talk about are building up courage to ask out a girl and then later how they got rejected. When they get rejected, they seem to almost celebrate it, having the most out of place smiles and joy. I think it's because they got rejected so much they don't care anymore.

When the bus finally comes, we are greeted by our foreign bus driver. he doesn't know too many english words, so most of the time he speaks in some language no one can identify.

Of course the kids on the bus takes advantage of that. Our bus driver doesn't know anything about bus rules and safety, so our bus-most of the time-is complete chaos. One day, Todd walked up to him and started screaming english swear words(idiot) and he didn't even flinch. Another guy opened the safety door in the back once the bus stopped and jumped off. I don't even know if he noticed. So yeah, the bus is pretty violent.

Luckily today was relatively calm, with the only major things happening was a kid bringing a bunch of water bottles and then dumping them on a poor kid who was reading.

When we get off, I see the only person I consider a friend, Jaden. He semi-long, wavy, red hair. He's 5'5, which bothers me, because I'm 5'4. He always wear khaki pants with a long sleeved button up shirt. In all honesty, the only reason I'm friends with him is we share the same lifestyle. We think the same way, we talk the same way, we get bullied the same way, and we share the same classes. It was inevitable for a friendship bond to occur.

"Your current legal guardians still arguing?" Jaden asked. Jaden's the only person I've told about my situation with my parents. He seems to understand the situation better than anyone else. I simply nodded

"You should file a police report. This could affect your brain development. It's called Child Endangerment," He stated.

"I know, I know, but they're my parents. I don't want them to go to jail," I crowed.

We both went silent. Jaden has always tried to get me to call the cops. Put them where they deserve, make them serve the hard time. I could never do that, though. There my parents, regardless how many times they get drunk, they hurt me, they scream at me, I don't care. I still owe them my life, for allowing me to live in this world, even if it meant if mother had to experience the worst physical pain this world has to offer. Sure, they probably regret my life, but at least I have a life.

We started to make small talk, about the arrival of snow, the murder of previous presidents, how the world could end, y'know, small talk. We continued this until the bell rang. as the ring sounded throughout the school, I felt like today would be a terrible day

I didn't realize how right I was.