A Very Strange Morning

Start from the beginning

Dad nodded. "I wanted to wear rough clothes for fighting with the lords, but Elinor said no, and pulled out 'acceptable' clothes. I was half-way finished changing when she dragged me down here."

We all looked at Stoick. "I lost a bet with Spitelout. If you two had come back without Lilias yesterday, he'd be the one looking like an idiot." He grumbled.

Hiccup and I explained Rossalyn in one go following that statement. We needed to get it off our chests, and just as we finished, Rossalyn disappeared, eyes as big as dinner plates.

-End of Flashback-

"Where's Rossalyn?" Mum asked.

"The future's been changed. So she either doesn't exist, or is home safe with her mother." Siofra said.

"Why are you here?" I asked, trying my best not to sound rude.

"I came for Rossalyn. Turns out my loss of powers was only temporary, and I'm not going to die. Well... actually, I might die laughing, now." Siofra smirked.

Hiccup groaned, and the triplets snickered.

"Who are you?" Stoick asked.

"Siofra Grear." Hiccup, Siofra and I said in unison.

"She's either a good witch or one of the worst." I said. Siofra shot me a look.

"Pretty sure she's a really good witch." Hiccup said. Siofra smiled at him, and I shot her a look. Hands off, he's mine! And... he's in... my dress. Yeah...

"I am on the Faery Queen's Council. I was framed. So, no, I'm not a horribly bad witch. Black magic ruins your skin, actually. That's how you can tell the difference immediately." Siofra huffed.

"Um... Miss Grear..." Mum started.

"It's Siofra. Don't call me 'Miss Grear' until its the end of the world." Siofra grumbled, crossing her arms.

"Yes... Siofra... is there another reason you're here?" Mum asked, trying to smooth down her hair.

"Yes, actually. I need Merida and Hiccup's permission for something. I was in the neighbourhood to tell them about my magic anyway, so I figured, why not?" Siofra said.

"Why not what?" Hiccup and I said in unison.

"I'd like to make Kíla my apprentice. I've already cleared it with Eiric, it's fine. I can take her power to new heights... but be warned, not everyone takes to the power well." Siofra sighed, before muttering something about losing one apprentice already.

"What does Kíla think?" Hiccup asked.

"Hiccup!" I hissed.

"What?"

"It's dangerous! What if... oh no."

He nodded. "Oh yes."

I sighed. "Do you think she could handle it?" I asked Siofra.

She shot me a look. "Would I be here if I didn't? And she likes the idea, now that she knows the truth about Gabhran Balloch. I'll do everything I can to set her up with Ewan MacGuffin (who I'm pretty sure she likes becausse she almost destroyed my house in denial when I said she liked him)- after Rossalyn is born. She'll be safe with me, and she can live with me three weeks after Rossalyn is born." Siofra said.

"Who's Kíla?" Stoick asked.

"Kíla Erna Haddock, younger sister to Torra Dagna Haddock, second child/daughter of Merida Sima Dunbroch and Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, yes, those two teenagers sitting right in front of you. Kíla is also the cousin of Lawren Artair Dunbroch, Maoilios Eóin Dunbroch, Jamie Cathal Dunbroch and Bryce Graham Dunbroch. Jamie and Bryce are the only brothers, Lawren and Maoilios are only children." Siofra explained.