~4~

A/N this is going to be a really short chapter but it's just a filler until the story actually gets interesting,, I'm going to make the next chapter wayyy longer (:

We all looked at each other, our eyes wide in terror. The music was still playing above us. It was the same tune over and over again. It was quiet enough, but not quiet enough to let me think straight. My head was all over the place and I felt dizzy. Cody now had his arm around me again, trying to make me feel safe but it wasn't working.

"This is so messed up!" Billie cried. "You know what? I think this is a dream. A really bad dream. Yeah that's what this is, a really bad dream. And in a while, I'm going to wake up safe in my own bed."

I knew it wasn't a dream, but thinking that it was actually made me feel better. But maybe Billie was right. Maybe this was a dream. There was no way that this could be reality. It just didn't make sense. So, I decided to think of it as a dream and that way, I wouldn't be scared.

I repeated in my head that it was a dream so much, I actually convinced myself that it was true.

"Yeah, this is a dream" I whispered to myself.

"What was that?" Cody asked.

"Oh nothing" I replied. "So should we just walk or what?"

"Yeah I guess that's what we should do" sighed Billie. "We're not going to get anywhere just standing here"

"The question is, which way do we walk?" I gulped.

"Just walk forward, if there's nothing there, we can go the other way." Mitchell insisted.

He started walking forward and we all followed. The music was still playing over our heads. It was making me feel sick. My stomach hurt with hunger and my legs ached from walking for so long.

We didn't talk while walking. Cody walked beside me, his arm around my waist. I could feel him shaking slightly. It was actually quite warm inside the house, so he was shaking with fear.

Billie and Mitchell were now holding hands. We all walked close together. It felt better that way.

We walked for a very long time but nothing changed. It was the same hallway the whole way down. No doors or windows. It was unsettling, but I just kept telling myself it was a very bad lucid dream.

"This is the last time I'm ever going anywhere with you guys" I joked, to Billie and Mitchell.

I was trying to break the tension in the air, even though I convinced myself this was a dream so it didn't really matter what the atmosphere felt like.

"Well we didn't force you" Mitchell stated. "We didn't drag you by your feet into the woods, you came yourself so it's your own fault" He gave me a smile to show that he wasn't being serious.

"So what's the plan?" I questioned. "Like if this hallway doesn't end?"

"We'll just have to turn back and go the other way I guess" Billie replied.

But we didn't have to do that.

After about 20 minutes of walking, the red lights above our heads dimmed even more so that we could barely see in front of us or the walls around us.

Suddenly, the music stopped.

We all looked at each other and stopped walking, but didn't say anything.

From around us, we heard a chuckle. It was definitely coming from a man. It was deep and husky. It was an evil chuckle. It sounded like the ones you would hear from villains in a cartoon.

Cody's arm tightened around me. My heart was beating so fast, I felt like it was going to burst out of my chest.

I looked to my left and I think my heart actually did fall out of my chest when I saw the silhouette of a person standing there. They were probably at least 7ft foot and were so skinny I imagined their limbs snapping off at the slightest touch. All four of us had now spotted this figure and were frozen in fear.

"C-cody?" I whisper-cried to Cody who was now gripping me so tight, I could feel bruises forming under his touch.

He looked back at me, his eyes were wide with terror. The figure stood there for what felt an eternity, not moving. Even though I couldn't see it's face, I could feel it staring at me.

Finally after what felt like hours of torture, the figure moved. It stepped forward into the dim light and then right in front of me, I saw what was causing all of this. The person that had been taunting us, laughing at us for our stupidity. The person that would probably be the reason for our deaths.

It was a man dressed in a ringleaders suit. He was wearing a red and black topcoat with tails and red trousers. He was wearing a red top hat that had a black ribbon around it. In his hand was a whip. He was so tall, I had to lift my head up really high to see his face. He wore an evil grin and his eyebrows were caving in at such an angle, it made his small green slit eyes appear nasty and evil. The ends of the moustache on his upper lip were curled and he had big wrinkles going across his forehead. He eyeballed us one by one. I was holding my breath, scared that if I made any sound at all, it would attract his attention. Finally, he spoke. His voice was deep and he growled as he spoke. He had an icy undertone in his voice, making me shiver like I was on actual ice.

"Welcome to Carnival House. I hope you enjoy your stay"