House Shopping *5*

*~* October's POV *~*

 "Maybe her boyfriend raped her." Amaya suggested while walking from the kitchen to the couch I was on.

 We were playing with Valentine as we waited for Chris to take us to the house walk-through, and were trying to figure out who murdered and raped Trisha. "Could be, but I doubt Dazy would be friends with a killer. Maybe it was a drunken hobo?"

 She laughed at my suggestion as my older brother came downstairs.

 "What's so funny?" he asked with a frown.

 "She said maybe a drunk homeless dude killed Trisha." she told him with a grin.

 "October, you should take this seriously. Do you want a serial killer running around while Valentine's growing up?" he asked me with a serious expression.

 "Hmm, nope! I'm capable of taking care of him though, so you don't have to worry. Now lets go so I can move away from you and your serious-ness." I told him while standing up and picking up my son, who was in his car seat.

 Chris sighed and grabbed his keys before we went and got in the car. "I don't see how you always joke about people that get murdered, when you knew them."

 "Hey everyone that got killed was someone I didn't like, or I only knew their name. Plus Trisha's a whore, so I don't care that she was killed. Hell, she probably gave the poor serial rapist one of her STDs."

 He shook his head as he started driving to the house we were gonna look at. "But you were with those four guys that one night when two of them died."

 "We were drunk and leaving a party, and the guy driving had way more drinks than any of us, and crashed. I didn't even know them, but the offered to take me to the park." I told him. "Besides, it was funny watching the two guys in the back with me start crying over the other two."

 "You have a twisted and sick sense of humor." he muttered as I smirked.

 "I know."

 When we got there, I got Valentine out of his car seat and we all went in. The house was really nice, a log cabin based one, with a huge yard. There was an office, fairly large kitchen, living room, small dining room attached to the kitchen, and a half bathroom on the main floor, which was nice and the right size. The basement/downstairs had two bedrooms, a full bathroom, and a big extra room with the washer and drier, while the upstairs had two bedrooms and a full bathroom too, plus a little railing, balcony-like thing where you could see the living room and kitchen.

 "It's a nice house." Chris commented when the walk-through/land lord lady had finished showing us everything.

 "And it's great for raising a family." she told us with a small smile.

 Chris looked at me, and I nodded, basically telling him i'd take the house. He went to the bar-counter and filled out some paperwork, as the sales lady walked over to where Amaya and I were standing.

 "So are all of you related, or are you married to him..?" she asked me, motioning towards Chris when she said 'him'.

 "Chris is my older brother," I began while pointing at him. "This is my son, and that's his aunt Amaya, who we pretty much adopted when her dad went a little crazy.."

 "Your son is adorable. I'm sure he'd grow up to be a great man." she told me with a smile. "Wait, I only told your brother my name, so i'm Alicia." She held out her hand, and I shook it before telling her my name.

 "October." I said while returning the smile.

 "So where's your son's father?"

 I exchanged a glance with Amaya before she said, "My brother's kind of stupid, and did too many things to lose all of October's trust. They don't really agree with anything, especially since my brother was sober when their son was conceived, so they're basically taking a break from each other, since their rooms are right across from each other."