17. The Third Generation Samagraha

Start from the beginning

"Shashi is more powerful than that. He cannot die just with your stones."

Tyrell and I shared few more glances and we had same expression which totally said-it's not over yet.

Doctor coughed again and I felt if it was best for him if he didn't talk anymore. I quickly grabbed his head from lolling and said, "Tyrell, I think we should make a move. He is very weak. We should take him to a safer place."

Tyrell nodded and grabbed doctor's arm around his neck. I did the same, not bothering that I myself was turning weak of hunger.

We slowly walked out of the prison. Doctor had his eyes closed and seemed to be drifted off in sleep. It was completely dark for us to seek a proper way out. Luckily, my feet fell on a wooden stick. I asked Tyrell to hold him up for me so that I could tear a piece of my checked shirt and roll it around at the corner of the stick.

"Flame Formation!" I said and the cloth lit up, giving a relief to our eyes.

I again took doctor's hand around my neck and we slowly and carefully strode to the possible way out.

"Hayden, look," whispered Tyrell suddenly.

I followed his sight. There was a deeper room with many brownish-paper rolls and a large desk in the middle. I felt the air was fresher here comparatively.

"There must be a door inside. Let's go and check."

We walked into the mysterious room and right at other side there was large hole on the wall as if damaged on purpose. Cool breeze was howling upon us. I sighed in enthusiasm and tried to walk when Tyrell stopped me.

"Heyden, check this out," he said watching the papers on the desk.

Nausea in my stomach welled up on me. It was my picture painted on the paper with a check mark on it. I chanced to look at other papers which belonged to Tyrell and others and had a cross mark. We frowned at each other and I insisted Tyrell to get out of here.

It was very difficult for us to stroll out of the hole with doctor around our necks. But still we tried to manage and we forgot all our struggle once the fresh air hit us more. It seemed almost midnight but my flame helped us to follow the path.

Finally we were out of the prison. On watching carefully through the darkness, there was large banana farm right in front of us. I swallowed hard thinking it might be dangerous to walk through it. My heart skipped a beat when the trees moved and a man wearing a loin around his waist down, a shawl and a turban on his head came out of the farm. He looked stunned watching us.

"Hello," said Tyrell who breathing heavily, "Can you help us? This man is very sick and..."

But the man didn't listen. Instead he quickly turned around and ran into the farms.

"Hey wait..." shouted Tyrell but in vain. He was already gone.

"What was up with him?!" he commented.

I was now extremely tired and my knees almost gave up. My eyes were rolling uncontrollably.

"Tyrell," I insisted, "Can we rest for few minutes."

"Feeling hungry, aren't we?" he said.

We slowly put doctor on the floor and we sat beside him. I wished some miracle would happen we were transported back to academy where I could get to eat something. But nothing like that happened and we were still lost in nowhere.

"I am hungry too," he said watching painfully at me, "We become very weak every time we use our powers and that's why our stone keeps bugging us always to be full."