14. Rumor Gone Wrong

Looking down at my own shadow on the pond, I was easily able to sense the little tension that just created between me and Tyrell. My proposal to follow Anmol diving into the pond seemed no good to him. But I was certain about it. I couldn't bare Leena crying all the time. It made me feel very indolent and helpless that was something I wasn't able to endure it.

"What if I trigger current?" asked Tyrell apprehensively, "What if I die?"

"Don't trigger, as simple as that," I snapped.

"You should seriously consider rethinking."

"I am done thinking. Look, I have to do something to bring Pruthvi back. So, why not this?"

"I just wanted to eat something and you asking me to gulp the pond full of water?"

"Tyrell, are you coming with me or not?" I asked him once and for all. I didn't want to lose Anmol and my chance to find the truth.

"Alright," he said sinking his shoulders, "But if I get killed inside, I will make sure to come back and beat you senseless."

I ignored him. Even though he was against my idea, I knew, Tyrell would follow me. I took a deep breathe and dived into the pond creating a huge splash. Quickly there was another one and I sensed Tyrell right behind me.

I was definitely inside water but I wasn't able to feel any wetness. It was middle of the night but everything inside seemed so clear. My sight didn't degrade at all. I was not an avid swimmer but I felt the water making me float and booting my swimming abilities. The ambient sound of the water was so dense and natural that it made me look from where it was coming from.

I was awestruck by the astonishing beauty that existed inside the silent pond. There were different plants with incredible shapes and colors. In between there were the stones of different sizes hovering beside the plants. Small fishes swam is groups right before my eyes. I looked at Tyrell through the water. He was as fascinated as much as I was. I still couldn't believe how he or anyone else had never grabbed the opportunity to look at the beauty hidden deep inside the pond.

Leaving the view aside, I started looking for Anmol. He was definitely out of sight and pond gave up on ending at a certain point. It didn't seem so big and deep from the academy. Deeper we went, more attractive it looked. I remembered Tyrell telling me on my first day-the water is sacred. And now I knew what he meant by that. I looked at other side. For a second I thought my eyes were deceiving me and I had to look twice to see a bright light coming from a distance. I signaled Tyrell to follow the light. Swimming straight towards the light, not caring our eyes were straining we passed through it. It seemed like a lifetime for the water turning clearer and at last I grabbed the stoned wall that ended the pond. I was glad I was able to reach the topmost point of the wall. I put both my hands on the top of the wall and leaped up off the pond. I inhaled very hard taking in the fresh air. I caught Tyrell by his palm and pulled him over. We looked down at each other and to both our surprises we were not wet at all.

"Whoa!" said Tyrell breathing hard, "That was some journey!"

"Yeah but where are we?" I said looking around. The one factor that amazed me the most was it was not night in here, unlike from where they started. I walked slowly forwards. Everything was tannin-brown. The grass under my feet was crispy. Looking up, the trees were skyscraper tall.

"I think we are in a forest." he said touching a huge tree. A soon as he said that orchestra of birds took place. The day light stars peeped down at us and wind rustled suddenly making me realize it was extremely chilly.

"Hey, do you feel so cold or is it only me?" asked Tyrell folding his hands across his chest.

"Yeah, it is cold," I said rubbing my hands, "Do you think Pruthvi can be here?"