Chapter 1

I jerked awake. I was in a large metal  cage. The vibrations told me we were heading up the way. I looked around my strange lift prison. There was nothing around me. Nothing except another girl. The lights were dim but I could tell she was watching me and I could tell she was just as terrified as I was. "I'm Teresa" she whispered after a moment. "I'm Sammy" I replied. I didn't know how I knew, the name just popped into my head, but it felt right. "Do you know where we are or what's happening" I asked. But before the girl could reply she collapsed.

I rushed over to where Teresa now lay unconscious. "Teresa" I cried "Teresa can you hear me! Teresa are you alright. But there was no response. I was now alone. The only other person I had in the world was unresponsive. I had no recollection of anything before I woke up and met Teresa. That scared me. Scared me more than anything, more than this continual journey to who knows where. I could remember random facts but nothing personal. I didn't even know my own age. The metal of the cage was shiny and reflective. I looked into it and studied the girl that looked back at me. She had big blue eyes, long blonde hair and must have been about 17.

I studied Teresa who still lay lifeless on the ground. She had shiny black hair, she must have been older than I was. She was pale. What had happened to her? Why had she suddenly just passed out? What was going on? Why was I in this hell? All these questions filled my brain. It was all too much. The tears rolled down my cheeks and I let out all my emotions. Sobbing into my knees. I shifted my weight after a while and felt something in the back pocket of my trousers. I wiped away the tears that were still in my eyes and pulled whatever was in my pocket out.

BANG! The cage jolted to a stop and I was frown forward. My head crashed against the metal floor. The cage swam before me. I couldn't make out any clear pictures. I was too disorientated to get up so I just lay there on the floor beside Teresa. All was dark for a few moment. Then cutting through the silence was a loud horn. Light suddenly came flooding in. Blinding me from what was above.