Spirit Stalkers

Author: booksbyhc

Status: Completed

Rating: 9/10

Even ghosts like their privacy, a lesson Mary White is about to learn the hard way.

Nineteen-year-old Mary White is the newest, and youngest, member of the ghost-hunting group Spirit Stalkers. And she's having some trouble fitting in. There are no black, purple, or hot pink streaks in her blonde hair. No tattoos. Other than a single hole in each ear, no piercings. And unlike the others, Mary doesn't need any special equipment to communicate with the dead.

At first there's jealousy over Mary's gift, until she finds a way to share her ability-then there's just fear. All these tough, tattooed and pierced ghost hunters aren't as eager to make contact with the other side as they thought. So when Mary is assigned to spend a week in the creepy and mysterious Davis house, only one person volunteers to stay with her-the thrill seeking, adrenaline junky, and annoyingly attractive, Mark Ingalls. Mary isn't afraid of the ghosts (not yet anyway), but a week alone with Mark? For the double theater/vocal performance major who is more comfortable reciting rehearsed lines than having a real conversation with a real person (let alone someone like Mark), the prospect is terrifying! Especially since she suspects Mark's motive to stay in the house with her goes way beyond ghost hunting.

Mary is about to learn a few things no college course will cover: first, how a frightening, haunted house can sometimes be the perfect backdrop for romance; and second, that some people-even dead ones-will do ANYTHING to keep a secret.