[11]

STELLA walked into Math Class to see that no one from the pack was there which confused her. She waited for a few seconds only to realize that they weren't coming in. So, she slowly started to back away but Ms. Flemming caught her and made her sit.

           Surprisingly, she was paying attention to what Ms. Flemming was teaching them until Stella started to hear her name being called. She looked around the room to see if anyone near was calling her but everyone was writing in their notebooks minding their own business.

           Stella shook it off and started to pay attention to the teacher again. Stella really did not want to fail. Stella wanted to pass High School and head into college.

          "Stella, It's Derek." Stella groaned to herself but stood up from her desk and gathered her things before walking out of the room.

          "Stella. Do you need to be excused from class?" She asked with sarcasm and since sarcasm was Stella's first language she gave her a fake kind smile.

          "Obviously." Stella walked out of the classroom only to stop in the middle of a hallway when she heard a heartbeat behind her.

          She turned around to see Derek standing on the top of the steps. She sighed softly before walking over to him.

          "What are you doing here, sour wolf?" Stella asked him crossing her arms in front of her chest as he frowned slightly.

          "Don't call me that. I'd rather you call me something else." Derek blurted out not knowing that he said it but recovered quickly not letting her see that it affected him.

          "Okay... What are you doing here, Derek?" Stella says weirdly not knowing what else she would be able to call him.

          "Brett's still out of it. I need to find his pack and warn them about the Dead Pool." He tells her, trying his hardest to hide his emotions about how he knew that he was her father and he wanted her to know but he waited.

          "So what do you need me for?" Stella asked not knowing why the hell he needed her for.

          "I know a little something about this pack. They have a kind of secret meeting place in the woods." He explained and then threw Brett's lacrosse shirt at her so she caught it in ease, staring at it. "Catch his scent."

          "I can't. I think I'm actually better at hunting werewolves than actually being a werewolf." Stella mumbled bitterly because she still didn't know how to track down people with her nose just as much as Scott or Derek.

"Try it. I'll teach you. It's why I chose you. Focus on the different scents. Some are tied to identity. Others give off an emotion." He tells her and she was so close to throwing the shirt at him but she decided not to and to actually give it a try.

Stella slowly raised the shirt up to her nose. Giving it a big whiff. She started to smell different things all at once making her sigh

When Stella told Derek about it he just told her to keep trying to smell for it as they got in his car and took off. She pointed into directions she thought the smell lead to. Getting a few directions wrong but finally got the hang of it.