Avalise Santiago

"Congratulations baby, that's my girl!" I can hear my mother cheering for me with excitement as I approached her.
"Thanks Mami, I couldn't have done it without you. Next step masters degree!" I shouted as I hugged her tightly.

Mami has been battling with cancer for almost a year. I'm just trying to show her everything she did is appreciated. Cant imagine losing my mother.

"Mom lets go to a buffet!" I suggested.
"I need an all you can eat after this. Oh and some of my friends and I are going to the club tonight. We are going to be celebrating." I said to her as I took off my gown and got into my car.
"Mi hija ten cuidado." She said
She always so protective of me.
"Ma, you know I'm always careful of my surroundings. You didn't raise a fool." I laughed as I turned the volume of my radio up.

Restaurant

As we approach the door of the buffet, a handsome, well dressed young man held the door open for Mami and I. He was tall, I'm going to guess 6'2. His skinned reminded me of caramel. His eyes resembled diamonds and lord them long ass dreads.
"Thanks." I said with a smile.
"You're welcome gorgeous, have a blessed day." He said
"You as well." I replied as I followed behind mami, who kept walking.
" Te gusto ese tipo." she teased.
"MAAA! You know I'm not focused on guys right now" I said.
She looked at me and said, "Buenoo."
"Bueno nothing ma! Now lets go eat!"