Chapter Five

(I love writing this story!)//////////

They left me in here alone with him. They just left me. He'd been crouching down next to me for about five minutes now, and I refused to even look at him. Why was he so close to me? I could feel his breath on my cheek.

"Reagan, baby, can we talk?" I shut my eyes tight and bite down on my lip hard. "Look at me, or I'll make you," Daniel threatens, and I quiver at what that could mean. Yet, I stay completely still.

Before I can even comprehend that he was telling the truth, I'm being lifted off the ground and out of the small corner. My eyes fly open as I'm moved to the middle of the room and placed on my feet. I look up at Daniel, completely frightened. His eyes looked gentle, but I knew better.

I'm very suddenly pulled into his strong arms. He wraps me in his embrace, and with the height difference, my face is pushed into his large chest. I freeze in shock. Daniel lays his head down on top of mine, and whispers almost incomprehensibly, "I'm sorry." I break down right there.

I wrap my arms around him tightly. I start crying loudly and I shake in his arms. Daniel pulls me impossibly closer, kissing the top of my head softly over and over again. What was wrong with me? This boy kidnapped me, but I couldn't explain the feeling I was getting at that moment. Sparks electrified my body, and I felt tingles everywhere his skin met mine. I'd never felt safer in my entire life. Nothing made sense, and yet I felt so comforted then, that it didn't have to.

We probably stayed like that for ten to fifteen minutes. I just cried and cried into his chest, and he kept his arms around me the whole time. He'd whisper sweet nothings into my ear and softly kiss the top of my head every once in a while. I didn't know what this feeling was.

I suddenly feel very dizzy, and I almost fall to the floor, but Daniel holds me upright. "Reagan! Are you okay?" He carries me over to the hospital bed and lays me down softly. I pinch the bride of my nose between my thumb and my pointer finger. "Reagan?" he asks, worry clear in his voice. I sigh, covering my eyes with my arm.

"What's wrong?" Daniel asks again, starting to panic. I start breathing heavily, and I sit up quickly. I try to speak but I can't. I start hyperventilating and my arms wrap around myself tightly. I shut my eyes and I feel a pair of large hands wrap around my shoulders, shaking me while a voice calls out for help. This isn't happening.

All I hear is loud commotion but it's all somehow jumbled together, and I can't understand a word. There's a sharp pain in my left shoulder and I fall backwards, opening my eyes to see Daniel right in front of my face before I black out.

*************************************

Something squeezes my hand. I open my eyes and for a moment I can only see white. My eyes adjust the bright light, and I sit up just to be practically tackled back down. I groan at the heavy weight on top of me, and someone's arms wrap around me. I feel a tingling sensation all over, and it makes me jump. I grunt, my body feeling a constant ache. The attacker lifts off of me, and I get a good look at whom it is.

"Sorry! I forgot about your injuries.. I was just so excited to see you awake," Daniel explains, grinning from ear to ear. I sit back up, and I groan again, "What happened?" I ask, looking around to find myself back in what I presume to be Daniel's room. My kidnapper frowns, "You had a panic attack. It happened so quickly. How long has that been going on?" I gasp in realization, remembering the event.

"It used to happen after my dad left, but it's been almost two years since I've had one," I say, feeling conflicted and confused. Daniel growls lowly, and I lean away from him.

I take a look at my hand and find the bandage gone, and my hand with a small bruise. I feel for my neck and find nothing covering my healing wound. I bite my lip and look up at Daniel just to find him watching me. I squirm uncomfortably, "Can I go home now, please?" His jaw clenches and his eyes darken, "No."

"Fine, I'll have your mother take me home. You're crazy! What kind of drugs did you give me? I feel like I'm going insane. My body randomly starts tingling or something weird like that. I can't think straight. My hand is healing up quicker than it should be. What's going on?!" By the end of my rant I'm yelling right into my captor's face. We're nose to nose. I don't know how I got so close. My brain feels useless.

We're both breathing heavily, and his eyes seem to stare right into my soul. I try to speak, but I'm ambushed by his lips. They softly press into mine, and his hands hold my face, effectively keeping me still. I freeze in shock, but his mouth continues to patiently press against mine. Then, I go into autopilot. I push my lips against his, and we both start to move.

I've managed to scoot to the end of the bed and Daniel pulls me closer, wrapping my legs around his waist. He picks me up without hesitation and pushes me against the nearest wall. The gentle gesture was gone, and a harsh desperation replaced it. I knew nothing except Daniel's lips on mine. His tongue traces my bottom lip, and I push myself as close to him as possible. He growls, but it doesn't sound like he's angry. It sounds like he's excited. He nips my bottom lip, and I gasp. He takes this as an invitation to slip his tongue into my mouth, and he pushes me against the wall so hard that I can't move anywhere but closer to him.

His mouth pulls apart from mine and his lips start to trail kisses along my chin and down to my neck. I close my eyes and lean my head back against the wall. He explores me slowly, as if trying to tease me. He stops suddenly, and sucks a particular part of my neck into his mouth. Something comes over me and I'm unable to stay quiet. I moan loudly, pushing myself into him. He continues to torture me with his touch, and I wrap my legs around him tighter and tighter, but he doesn't stop me. In fact, it seems to encourage him, because he softly bites the spot.

For some reason, this drives me crazy. "Daniel," I whisper, and he smiles against my skin. "Say my name again," He murmurs, gently nipping that same spot. "Daniel," I moan out, louder this time. He lets out a loud growl, and then something unexpected happens. He sinks his teeth right into my neck.