Chapter Three

(I love feedback guys! Thank you so much for all the support!)

I yawn, forcing myself to open my eyes. Goddess, I feel like I've been hit with a car. I take in the unfamiliar surroundings. The room I'd been placed in was very large and I was on a king sized bed. Everything in the room was fairly dark and I shudder as I realize that that crazy boy from my first period had captured me. I had to escape. I go to push myself off the bed and I hold back a scream at the pain that ripples through my hand. I sit up rapidly, examining my bandaged hand. I stand quietly, ignoring the lasting pain. I almost fall over. Why did I feel so loopy?

I glance around in search of a clock. There's only a watch sitting on the dresser, but I'll take it. My eyes grow wide as I realize it's the clock reads eight. I walk over to a window and it's light out. Dear God, I'd been here overnight.

I sneak towards the door, and surprisingly it opens without any trouble. I tip toe through the halls and half way down a staircase, listening carefully for any movement that doesn't belong to me. I hear loud laughter from the bottom of the stairs and I freeze in my tracks. I bite my lip, silently backtracking up the stairs. I almost make it to the top and I must step on an old stair because it creaks loudly. I curse under my breath and the noise downstairs pauses.

"Reagan is that you?" It was him. I run up the remaining stairs and pick one of the many doors along the hall and throw it open, slamming it behind me. I find myself in a seemingly empty bedroom, and I search for an escape. There's another door near the back of the room and I sprint to it. I open it and find a small bathroom. I quickly lock myself in it.

I hear the bedroom door open and I shut my eyes tightly, covering my mouth to silence my breathing. Tears start to form in my eyes, and I find myself sobbing silently. Footsteps make their way around the room and a female voice calls my name, "Reagan? Are you in here?" This really must be a gang he's in or something.

The doorknob of the bathroom jiggles and the voice calls out again, "Reagan?" I hold my breath. "Daniel, she's in here!" the girl shouts and I scream. "No! Leave me alone!" I tell, searching the countertops for a weapon. The door handle jiggles again and this time it's his voice I hear, "Reagan, open the door right now." I start opening the drawers looking for anything useful. I gasp as I find a sewing kit prepped with a pair of scissors. I grab them holding them out towards the door.

"I will break down this door!" Daniel threatens. I stand back against a wall. The door handle continues to jiggle louder and louder and louder. Suddenly it's ripped off the door and the door open with an easy push.

I hold up the scissors, sobbing loudly, "Don't come near me! I will stab you!" Daniel rolls his eyes and takes two steps towards me, "Be careful with those. You could get hurt." A lightbulb goes off in my head and I hold the scissors up to my neck, "I'll do it. I'll stab myself, then. I'd rather be dead than captive to whatever cult you're running here!" He freezes immediately, "Reagan, stop!"

I hold the sharp point closer to my neck, slightly puncturing it's side, and I feel a small trickle of blood roll down my neck. "Back up and I'll consider it," I whisper, keeping a firm grip on the scissors. Daniel reluctantly takes a step back, holding up his hands in surrender. "Reagan, please stop hurting yourself." He looked pained, which was comical considering I was the one bleeding.

Behind him I see a worried looking Layla, quivering slightly at the sight of my blood. She runs out of the room and I can hear her shouting for help. I lick my lips, tasting the salty tears rolling off my face. I grit my teeth, "Step out of the bathroom." Daniel flinches, "Reagan, I can't.." I push the edge of the scissors slightly deeper into my neck, drawing more blood, "Now." He scurries out of the room, standing directly behind the line of the restroom. My eyes search for a quick escape. There were none to be found.

Layla returns, out of breath, with an older lady following in her footsteps. The woman gasps at the sight in front of her, and walks over to my captor quickly, "Daniel Haden Fletcher! What on earth do you think you're doing? Your father and I are gone for less than a week, and look at the mess you've caused!" she shouts, standing in front of Daniel with her hands on her hips. Daniel lowers his head, "Mom, you don't understand.." "No!" she yells, "You don't understand! You don't understand that you can't just do anything you want! You're too much like your father! Get out of here." His jaw drops, "I can't just leave!" She points a thin finger to the doorway, "Go help your father unpack the car or something." He sighs, giving me a longing look before exiting the room.

She slowly approaches the doorway and her lip twitches when she sees the blood, "May I?" She asks looking towards the door. I nod, holding up the scissors to my neck still. She enters the bathroom and inches closer to me. At last she's right in front of me and she places her light hand over mine, and carefully removes the scissors from my hand. "Oh, dear. Let's get you to the emergency room. Is that alright with you, honey?" her voice is overwhelmingly soothing, and I find myself agreeing. This woman could potentially help me, and maybe put her insane son away like in jail or something. If only God would be so kind.