Chapter One

(This is purley fiction. Please enjoy.)

Chapter One

"You!" Oh no, she's been drinking again. The bloodshot eyes and the quivering figure gave it away. "Where do you think you're going?" my mother shouts. I bite my lip and pick up my school bag, showing it to her. She laughs, "It's August already?" I nod and keep my head down, afraid of looking into her eyes. She storms up to me, breathing right in my face. I gag from the smell. "Go," She spits, "And don't be back until the sun is down."

For me, the school year was an amazing thing. My mother didn't want me in the house at all, and I got to stay away from her. As far as she was concerned, the only thing she needed to provide me was a bed and her leftover dinner. I was pretty thin, considering I didn't eat much. I was weak from my lack of leaving the house over the summer. Summer's were probably the worst, because my mother expected me to watch the house while she went out with her many "boyfriends". I think the worst part were the "boyfriends" that would stay the night, or sometimes the week. The drunken men that harrased and beat me weren't a problem during the school year.

I step into the woods, which had been a shortcut to town for me even when my dad was around and I'd had the choice to ride in a car. It was my safe haven, and where I spent most of my time during the school year.

I run hurriedly to school, but I can hear the first bell ring before it's even in sight. I sigh, slowing down. If I was going to be late, I might as well be very late. I grab an apple from a tree in the woods, and continue walking.

After a few minutes, I arrive at the front building. I enter the office to find an annoyed lady staring down at me. "Late on your first day?" She snaps, rolling her eyes. I walk up to her desk, "I apologize. Can I have my schedule please?" She nods, "Name?" "Reagan Tanner," I reply, anxious to get to class.

She gasps, "You're her." I scrunch up my face in confusion, "Who?" "You're mother told you, right?" She asks. "Told me what?" I question, raising an eyebrow. "You won't be starting as a sophomore this year. It's been decided that you'll start as a senior, because of your testing last year. Congrats." My jaw drops. This would be my last year of school, and then I could move out. This is the best news ever.

She hands me my schedule, and I smile, looking over it. I had six periods.

SCHEDULE:
Period 1: Calculus 1
Period 2: Geophysical Lab
Period 3: Psychology
LUNCH
Period 4: Health
Period 5: Civics
Period 6: AP Literacy

I start walking to Calculus, and as soon as I enter the classroom, I get the stares I'm accustomed to. I didn't exactly look like your average teenage girl. I was too skinny, and my clothes were basically rags, because I'd had the same ones for years. It probably didn't help that I was only fifteen, and probably the youngest one in the class.

"Sorry I'm late," I mutter, finding my way to the back of the classroom. "It's quite alright," the teacher replies, continuing his lesson.

"Hey," a voice whispers, and I turn to find a boy sitting next to me. He was breathtaking. He had dark, dark hair, and tan skin. His jawline was sharp; one that you couldn't keep your eyes off of. His eyes were an unusually bright blue, and his eyelashes were long.

I ignore him, turning away. "Hey, are you not going to talk to me?" He whispers in my ear. It startles me how fast he moved so close to me. "Do you need something?" I ask. He flashes a set of perfect, white teeth at me, "What's your name?" I raise an eyebrow in confusion, turning back to my desk.

"What's your name?" He repeats, scooting his desk closer to mine. "What do you want?" I snap, not used to the attention. At school, I was usually ignored, and I liked it that way. "Are you really not going to tell me your name?" He questions, scooting even closer to me. "No, now please leave me alone." He only smirks, standing, and walking to the front of the classroom.

I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. The boy walks back to his seat, and I admire his height. He was quite tall; at least 6'4. "Reagan is a lovely name," he whispers to me. I blink, confused why he cared. "Did you just go up to ask the teacher what my name was?" "Yes, only because you wouldn't tell me," he says, rolling his lovely blue eyes.

I turn away again, trying to ignore him. "Mr. Gilbert, can I take Reagan into the hall for a chat?" The boy asks, staring the teacher down. Mr. Gilbert nods, "Of course you can, Alpha." What the fuck is an alpha?

The boy grabs my hand, sending sparks throughout my body, and drags me into the hallway, closing the door behind him. He puts both hands on either side of my head, trapping me against the wall.

"Hello, I'm Daniel." I take a deep breath, "I don't care." He only grins wildly at my response, "I like you." "I can't see why," I reply, pushing him off of me. He smirks at me, staring intensely into my eyes.

"How did you do that?" I ask, taking a hand through my hair. "Do what, Reagan?" He asks, taking a step towards me. "How did you get us out of class? It was like you threatened the teacher or something," I say, taking a step back. He chuckles, "I'm afraid I can't really answer your question."

I scrunch up my face in confusion, "Why are you so hellbent on making me talk to you?" He leans in real close and pushes my hair aside, "Because, Reagan, you're mine."

(Let me know how you like the first chapter!)