New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /17/

Start from the beginning

It was true, I didn’t want to talk to him about feelings. I just can’t allow myself to develop anything like that for him. It would never work.

I mean, look at Caleb and I. He completely flipped after we kissed. But I still have feelings for him. I get it, I’m human, and he’s a vampire. They all are. I just don’t know what to do.

But I do know one thing, I CANNOT fall for Jace.

Even if a part of me really wants to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I let out a sigh, as I sat up from my bed, and went to answer my bedroom door. Last night with Jace, or rather this morning was awkward. And I pray to god it’s not him, because I don’t want to have another long and deep conversation.

Slowly I opened the door, and was relieved to see Leonard, one of Jace’s servants standing at the door. He was an older man, with silver-speckled hair. But I could tell by his smile that he was a good man. “Master Jace insisted that I bring you this.” He stated, as I looked down and saw something in his arms.

It looked like a dress of some sort, though it was covered. Carefully I took it, almost hesitantly. “Uh…thank you. But I’d rather not have this.”

He let out a light laugh. “Oh my dear I ensure you, you do. He wants you to wear it to dinner with him this evening. You mustn’t keep him so distanced, he wants to get to know you. So wear it tonight, and meet him in the ballroom at seven.”

I suppose I didn’t have much of a choice. I smiled at Leonard, and nodded. “Well then I guess I have a dinner date tonight, now don’t I?” I asked with a sigh. He chuckled once more.

“Good day miss.” He replied, and with that he left me holding what I can only assume is a revealing or far to slutty gown. I mean, I can imagine him forcing me to wear something like that, or at least attempting to.

I unzipped the cover, as my eyes widened in awe.

It was definitely not slutty. In fact, it was rather beautiful. It was a deep royal blue, that had thing, embroidered straps. It was long, with a slit that went up mid thigh. It was also silk, which felt amazing against my skin. In another little bag, there were a pair of heels to match.

I couldn’t help but be in awe at his taste in clothes. Everything about him is so different than I expected. Caleb and Nick made him seem so conniving and horrible, but he really isn’t so bad. I mean I know he killed my parents, but he’s trying to get me to forgive him.

I just don’t know if I can.

Shaking my head, I moved to the bathroom, slipping on the gown. It fit me perfectly, and I kind of wondered how he knew my size. I decided playing dress-up wouldn’t be so bad, so I brushed my hair back, pinning it with a clip.

Strangely, he took the liberty of buying cosmetics as well. And they all happened to be just what I wore. Which is a bit creepy, and a little too coincidental. If I never met the man, I would say he was a bit too in touch with his feminine side.

I exhaled, as I glanced at the clock. It was nearly seven, and my stomach churned with nerves. Why? I don’t know, but I was.

I stood up, as I walked out of my room down the hallway. “Alright, just breathe Melinda. Everything will be fine. It’s just dinner, it’s not like I’m marrying the man.” I reassured myself.

My knees felt wobbly, as I headed towards the hallway and ballroom. It was weird, I don’t understand why I was so nervous. I came to the room, and found that it was empty. I furrowed my brows, but then noticed that the terrace door was open, so I walked towards it.