New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /17/

Start from the beginning

“And what? You can talk to me about whatever you’d like Melinda, I’m here.” I rolled my eyes at him, as I shook my head.

“No, that’s not a good idea Jace. You killed my real parents, remember? That’s why I never got to know them. It’s your fault, so why should I share any of my feelings with you? I don’t want a heart-to-heart, so just forget about it.” As I was turning to leave, I let out a gasp as Jace appeared right in front of me.

Melinda, I’m sorry. But I can’t keep saying it. Nothing I can say or do will bring them back. But just know, that I never did it to hurt you. I did it out of anger, and out of feeling double-crossed.” I wanted to move away, but he continued blocking the door. “As I’ve said, your parents knew the risk, and we had a deal. They knew it would happen, yet they did it anyways. So understand that though I appear to be the infamous “bad guy,” I’m not. Give me a chance.”

I let out a sigh, still very upset, yet somehow feeling sympathetic towards him. Why? I have no clue. But I just could tell that he wants me to forgive him, or at least try to. And to be honest, a part of me really wants to….but I just don’t know if I can.

“All I can say, is…I’ll try.” As soon as the words escaped my lips, I instantly became nervous. What was his reaction going to be? And why did I care so much? Why am I trying to get close to him?

Before I knew what was happening, Jace reached out for my hand, and gently grabbed it. I watched in fascination as he brought it up to his lips, carefully placing a delicate kiss upon it.

I got a shiver as he did so. But it wasn’t a bad shiver, it was a good one. For some reason whenever he touched me, I felt some strange pull towards him. It was almost like a…desire.

“Thank you, that’s all I ask. Just give me a chance to show you the man I really am.” He said, as he pulled his lips away from me. “I promise you will be pleasantly surprised.”

I gazed up into his deep, dark eyes. They were so captivating, so alluring. I knew that I should hate the man, but I just can’t help feeling this attraction. Maybe some of that prophecy was right, I mean it would explain a lot. Why I have so many impulses when I’m around him, and why I don’t hate him like I should.

“What choice do I have?” I asked him quietly, as I dropped my hand away from him. “I should despise you but….”

Jace moved closer. “But what Melinda?” He questioned, his voice full of intensity.

I swallowed hard. “But….every time I see you, I can’t help but want to….” I looked down at the piano keys, ignoring his burning stare. “You know I’d love to be able to play a song.” I changed the subject quickly, clearing my throat. “I mean it would be so awesome to and I’ve always been so interested in….”

“Finish your sentence Melinda.” He said, his voice husky. I gulped, as I licked my extremely dry lips yet again.

“I…I want to go to bed now Jace, please.” I murmured, as I blinked a few times, snapping out of my stare. “I’m tired and I don’t even know what I’m saying, so if you would just let me by I’ll go back…”

As I attempted to move past, he extended his arm, blocking me. “Why do you do that, all the time?” He questioned, a hint of frustration in his voice. I sighed heavily, as I adverted my gaze to the ground. “Just when I think you show some small sign of interest, you…”

“I what, Jace? Turn away? Well newsflash, I don’t want to show interest in you. I can’t alright? So just do me a favor and leave it alone. I don’t want to have this conversation with you, not now…not ever.” I finished, as I pushed past him and moved towards my bedroom.