Chapter 1

Today was supposed to be a normal day, a day just like any other. However, today left me with wounds that I don't think will ever heal....

"KARA!!!!!!!"

Sitting on my bed, I jump, startled by the sudden noise. I sit up straight as I feel the anger of my mate get closer and closer.

Suddenly, a furious Ryder slams through the door. Literally, he breaks the door down. I watch as the door falls off the hinges, before focusing back on Ryder.

"What the hell Ryder!" I tell him, looking back at our now broken door. Who the hell spit in his breakfast this morning?

"Don't you dare 'what the hell Ryder' me I know what you did Kara." he says, fuming. His face shows nothing but utter rage and honestly it kind of scares me. I've never seen Ryder this mad before.

I look at him confused, "What are you talking about Ryder?"

He scoffs, "Kara, don't fucking play innocent with me!" he yells at me.

I glare at him, getting angry at his tone. "I. Don't. Know. What. Your. Fucking. Talking. About." I yell back. Who the fuck does he think he's talking to?

He growls dangerously, and punches the wall next to him, leaving a hole where his fist was. "You cheated Kara!" he says, staring at me such hate and rage in his eyes that I have never seen before.

"What the fuck Ryder, no I didn't, nor would I ever, cheat on you" I say back, trying to take a step toward him, trying to console him. I love him, why would I cheat?

He takes a step back, "Don't lie to me!" he yells in my face, "Everyone's talking about it! They say you've been doing it for months now!"

I take a step away from him, "And you're going to believe everyone else and not me?" I ask in disbelief.

He looks at me, eyes hard "I, Ryder Williams, reject you, Kara Simmons, as my mate."

I gasp, my heart feeling like it just shattered in a million pieces. A single tear falls from my eye, he just rejected me.

Ryder takes two steps so he's right in front of me, and looks down to stare at me, and at 6'3", he towers over my 5'4" frame.

"You have 15 minutes to grab whatever you please, but then you're gone. I want you out of my house, out of territory, and out of my life. If I EVER see you on my territory again, I won't think twice, I'll kill you." he says, whispering the last three words.

More tears fall and I can only nod. He growls at me once more, before turning around and walking out the door.

The minute he leaves my sight I fall down to my knees and break down in tears, My Mate just rejected me. Ryder rejected me. 

I take a couple minutes to compose myself, but once I do I wipe my tears away and take a deep breath, I will not show them weakness. I go to the closet and grab a single duffel bag. I grab enough clothes for about a week, and other necessities like my toothbrush and hairbrush. I shove some cash in my pocket, leaving behind most of my credit cards, all the ones linked to Ryder's bank account.

I write a note and leave it taped to the mirror along with my engagement ring, which had 'Forever and Always' engraved inside the band.

I walked down the stairs of the main house and enter the living room, filled with my pack members' and their disapproving faces.

"I knew she would cheat", "What a whore", "Good Riddance", I heard as I made my way to the door. I growl as I walk out of the house, slamming the door behind me.

I take one final look at the house I've called home for so long, before shifting into my chocolate brown wolf. I grab the duffel with my teeth, and run into the forrest, leaving behind the people who wrongly accused me of infidelity.

~~~~~~~~~~2 days later~~~~~~~~~

"It's a wonderful neighborhood. We're right on the edge of town, so you don't have to deal with the hustle and bustle of the city." The realtor says, as I walk around the small apartment.

It's a one bedroom apartment, with a bathroom, kitchen and living room. The apartment was in a human town, at least 300 miles away from my old pack, away from Ryder. I wanted to make sure that I was as far away from him as possible without living my roots.

I nod, smiling at the realtor, "I'll take it."

For the next hour, I signed paper after paper, legalizing my lease on the apartment.

Once the realtor leaves, I head out to the store. It was a really good deal on the house, and it came fully furnished, but I still had to get other things for my new home.

By the time night fell, my apartment was fully stocked. My fridge was full, my closet had the clothes I took from Ryder's, and my bed had a clean bed sheet on it.

After a long day, I finally reside to my bedroom. I slip into a t shirt and pajama shorts, and slide into my bed.

My mind wonders to thoughts of my new life, I can do this without Ryder, I think to myself, as my eyes close, falling into a restful sleep.