Then, once morning came, he did the same thing, turned the alarm off didn't even look at me and walk out without a word. IT was the same throughout the day he didn't speak to me and basically avoid being near me at all cost. Whenever we were home it was the same I would be watching TV and if he came in or sat down I basically ran away and hide in my room. It was starting to really hurt seeing him every day as he acted as if I wasn't there, then every night I would pretend to be asleep and he would come and hold me like he cared and wanted me. I hated him for making me feel like this, every night I wanted to push him away, telling him to leave and to stop coming in here. It never happened because I wanted here with me and I was wonderful in his arms and it felt so perfect for a short time. Until I awake and he would leave me and the pain would come back.

Every day was the same with almost a month passing with every day the same it was horrible and I felt so alone all the time. Tiffany knew something was wrong, but I refused to talk about it, how was I supposed to talk about what was happening. Letting River sleeping in my bed every night as he refuses to even acknowledge me during the day. She would just tell me not to let him then, but I was sick and it was the only thing that made me happy recently even though he was the cause of my unhappy ones.

My birthday was coming up soon and we had to dress shop and get fitting done and I hated it. Everyone around me was so excited about the party and normally I would be too, but I just kept chatting about River all the time. Wonder what he was doing if he realized what he was doing was hurting me. I couldn't even look at him anymore, it causes me to want to tear up as.

"Jane is there something you want to talk about" I heard my mother's voice say I looked up away from the dress I was wearing in the mirror waiting on the seamstress to finally make last-minute segments

"no" I said as I looked away from her gazing eyes as I felt a tear welling up in my eyes

"Jane, what wrong, you look like you're about to cry" she said coming closer

"its nothing, I'm just tried was up late working on homework" I said, avoiding

"I won't force you to talk to me, but I wish you would" she said as I felt her hand touch my arm gently

I ran from the small room and into the changing room as the tear ran down my face, I wanted to hate River. I hate him yet I could help but want him at the same time and it was driving me crazy, hearing my mother knocking on the door. I just sat there hating everything for a long time wish she would stop talking to me and just get the hint I wanted to be alone. What made things worse was the idiotic dance lesson I was being forced to go to with him. He acted like I repulsed him and tried to stay as far away from me as possible as I was diseased and beneath him. Once I calmed down I changed my clothes and walked out my mother and shop attended just stood there and watched me as I left quickly and went outside.

My mother didn't ask any more questions that day so she tried to talk during meals, but all I could do from not crying was shrug or node in response to her. Each day went by in slow motion and nobody seemed to notice or care. Each day that came closer I was to the party, the party I didn't even want. The part to let the world know I could be married off to someone who I didn't love or will ever love me. ii just wanted to scream and cry all the time, but I know it wouldn't do me any good.

The night before my birthday, my phone was buzzing with people wish me happy birthday as they wrote nice things. Somewhere from people I knew, some I didn't but just wanted my approval and it made me angry. It was a little past midnight when River finally came in, he stopped and usually hesitated I pretend to be asleep when he came in I guess he expected the same tonight. He walked closer and sat on the edge of my bed the furthest possible from me as.