Chapter Three (Lindy)

Oliver ran off and I was left with Aquarius.

"Hi I'm..." He began but I cut him off.

"Aquarius Foster I know." I said. I think it creeped him out a bit. "Sorry. Anyways I'm Lindy Storm." I held out my hand.

He shook it. "Nice to meet you." He said. "And no need to apologize. Everyone here seems to know who I am."

I smiled. "So I'm guessing you haven't met Director D yet." I guessed.

He nodded.

"Then c'mon. I'll take you to him." I began walking but stopped to see if he was following. He was so I continued down the hallway.

"Oh also." I began. "I'm sorry about your brother."

He tensed a bit. "Thanks." He said. "But how do you know what happened."

"The news." I said quietly.

He nodded. "Thanks." He repeated. "You're the only one who actually cared about that."

"Well I know it would be horrible if my brother died. And besides, even though your smiling I can still see the pain in your eyes."

He said nothing, and that was the end of that topic.
~•~

We finally got to Director D's office and we were just about to walk in when my brother, Cedric walked up to me. He kind of glanced at Aquarius and did a few singles in sign language.

'Meet me in my room later.' he singled.
I nodded and he walked away.
Cedric didn't like to talk much... Or at all. He only ever talks to me, when we're alone.

"Who was that?" Aquarius asked.

"Just my brother." I said. "Now c'mon Director D is probably waiting."

We walked inside his office and sure enough Director D was waiting.
"Thank you Lindy. And please tell Oliver that he needs to help Aquarius with training."

I nodded and walked out of the door, closing it behind me. It didn't really matter that the door was closed. I could still hear them.

"Nice to meet you Aquarius." Director D said. "My name is Daniel Williams, but you can call me Director D."

"Nice to meet you too." Aquarius said awkwardly.

"Now you're probably very confused. I'm betting Oliver didn't tell you very much."

"No not really." He responded. "I actually don't think he likes me very much."

"Yeah. He doesn't like any water elementalists." Director D sighed.

"What is the whole thing about this water stuff everyone keeps talking about?" Aquarius asked, his tone raising a bit.

There was a pause until Director D answered. "You know all those earthquakes, wild fires, tsunamis, tornados? Well it's not nature that cause them. It's people. People born with power over the elements."

"T-That's impossible." Aquarius stuttered. "I think I would know if I could control water!"

"That's the thing." Director D said. "It's strange you don't know. Most children here found out when they were young."

Aquarius stayed silent then finally said. "Why am I here?"

"You Aquarius Foster are here because you need to learn to control your powers. Water is not an easy element to control. The sea does not like to be contained. The reason we train is to stop a man." His voice lowered to a whisper. "He calls himself Eclipse. He hunts us. All of us. He wants to steal our powers and destroy the world. We need you to help."

"Need?" Aquarius asked. "Why?"

Director D paused. I was guessing he was thinking if he could trust Aquarius. "We have a team. So far we have fire, earth, air, lighting, and darkness. We're just missing water."

"And if I don't help?"

"Then the world you know will be no more. Your family all dead. The whole earth gone from existence. Please Aquarius."

It was silent. Then Aquarius said. "Okay... I-I'll help. Just one more question. How'd you know I could control water when I didn't even know."

"Oliver." Director D simply said. "He felt weak around you. And not to mention the fact that water is printed on you neck. Now I think you must be very tired. You can go."

I heard and chair move and footsteps.

"Oh and Aquarius." Director D called. "I'm sorry about Virgil."

Aquarius paused before saying a thank you and walking out of the door.
"Thank was.... Strange." He noted.

I shrugged. "It's complicated that's all. Now c'mon I'll show you your dorm."
~•~

We walked to the second floor where the dorms were located. We walked down the hallway in silence until Aquarius asked. "When did you get here?"

I tensed at the question.
I was here basically my whole sixteen years. "None of your business." I muttered. I wasn't normally rude to people but I just met Aquarius. And I really didn't want to talk about what happened when I got here.

"Okay..." He said.

I stopped at a door and looked to Aquairus. He was right behind me so we were face to face... Well sort of since he's taller then me.
I looked up at his blue eyes. I thought I was going to lose myself in them.
Aquarius awkwardly took a step back. "Sorry."

"That's alright." I said. "But anyways this is your room. Oliver will be her tomorrow to help with your training. Around six maybe."

Aquarius nodded but asked. "Why is he helping me. Director D said I made him weak."

I shrugged. "Just trust Director D. He's normally right. Now I really need to go. Good night."

"Good night." He said. "And thanks."

I smiled, nodded and walked away.
Cedric said he needed to talk to me. I wondered why.
I walked down the dim hallways towards his room running into Oliver along the way. I told him what Director D said and how Aquarius was in his room. He nodded and walked away.
I went all the way to the other side of the second floor to my brothers room.
Slowly I knocked on his door.
No answer. I gave a questioning look.
Then the door flew off its hinges.
And my brother's cries filled the halls.